ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on this?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hey all,

I have some 40mm lowering springs on my car at the moment, I am thinking of getting some coilovers soon but not sure on which ones. I will have to obviously save up the money to get some. As ive only got a 1.2 I am not after spending much more than like £300. Think the Rokkor ones are my best bet, anyone else had them on a 1.2? if you have could you tell me if there good and are they very stiff? Also if I do plan on getting them, anyone want to buy my lowering springs? ;)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
How long did you have them on the car or how long did you own the car with them on?

I'm just wondering in terms of build quality what were they like? Its just because ive seen mixed reviews on them being good and bad. I know I cant expect much for the price compared to some that cost £600-£1000. But there has been a thudding creeking sound from the rear of the car since I put the 40mm lowering springs on it?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
had them on for over a year iirc, i took them off before i sold the car.

i never had any problems with the coilovers... although i found i had a cracked standard spring when i came to fitting the original suspension lol.

id suggest. go rokkor. if you dont like them, sell them and buy more expensive coilovers

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ah well cheers for that. Only reason why i am thinking of going to coilovers is because of my car having a really creeky back end? do you know what that could be at all? and because of the 40mm lowering springs, the car is like really stiff, so every little bump feels like a speed bump!

172 Ph2 + Gashtravan
Can't really say for 1.2's... Although I had a mk2 ph2 1.2 16v as my first car, I had v-maxx on it, I used to think they were great until I recently bought some decent coilovers for my 172. The handling was improved and they wasn't to hard but with my 1.2 I think the shocks were tired anyway as my wing mirrors used to touch the floor when I went round a bend. I guess it depends on what you want to use them for?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well they would only be used for visual. nothing like using the car for track as its just not worth it :p but my car feels really bad when going over any bump and it creaks at the back end? would that seem to be any problem with the car as it didnt do it when it was on the standard springs?