ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies... cheapest place to buy em

Alright guys,

just thinking of throttle bodies, and was wondering where the cheapest place to buy them is? and how much they would set me back?

Cheers, Ben (Red16)

clio 20v

demon tweeks do weber alpha kits this includes throttle bodies and programmable engine management from 1700 quid and there probably dearest place but it does say FROM so i dont know how much the clio kit is but theres a benchmark figure for ya

um...puma racing does really goood cheaper TBs....dunno if htey still make them...butcher some carbs!!!!

Trophy

Ben,

Speak to Nick Hill about this! I have

The trouble with the webcon alpha kits id that the intake manifold is too big and this makes the trumpets almost touch the front panel right behind the radiator.

What i was thinking was asking them if they did a shorter one so that we would have more room for airflow but i never got round to it!

Once you have purchased the alpha engine management kit it needs fitting and then setting up at a dealer!

Hillpower charges circa £4,000 for his TBs, he uses Lumenition!

Good luck and let me know how you get on, still tempted

Mat.

Trophy

By the way,

GR got me a quote from John Harris at DT and it was £1,551 inc VAT for the kit!
Cheers Sylvia.

HTH

Mat.

The TBs are the cheap bit, and youll find that most on the market are actually made by Jenvy (despite what they are badged up as). You can pick these up for a few hundred £££. We contacted Jenvy direct, but actually managed to get them cheaper through Velos Motorsport. The more expensive bit was the management which took us up to about £1k in total. We used DTA which is very flexible, and once set up at Velos, we can tweak with the very good software they supplied. Avoid places like Demon Tweeks if you dont wanna pay through ther nose. The RR setup didnt cost us anything as they included it in the price of all the engine stuff we did through them.

Yes, jennvey make Q E Ds TBs. But since space is limited, they make a lovely set of 30mm thick webber sized TBs!!!!!
bout 400 quid for the pair. this would allow you to adjust the trumpet length for power.

cheers guys, havent got the money to buy them just yet, was just thinkin of different tuning options thats all

thanks for the help