ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle bodies

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
best/cheapest place gor 182 f4r.im looking for ecu etc everything to get turn key.even 2nd hand if any for sale please

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It’s your money mate but honestly it’s one of the biggest financial mistakes I’ve made with a clio. They sound good but that’s about it. I’d personally go cams and a remap on the stock ecu than spend £1000s on bodies. I think it cost me about £300 per bhp when I did it.

Outrageous.

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
i know what you mean mate,car has glassfibre doors,hatch,bonnet,cage etc.....im old as well lol.looking at options

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I would have thought Ktec are the simplest solution aren't they? Doesn't their ECU plug in to the car pretty much?

Ultimately, it's probably not the best value mod but, if you get some fun out of it, that's all that matters really.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
For the same sort of price (drive in drive out) you could get a diff fitted with a rebuild box and new clutch, assuming you dont already have this! This is my next major mod as its meant to transform it on track, which looking at your avatar picture might be where the car spends most of its time?

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
I love my rs2 inlet, tickled the itch to mod without spending silly money, works on stock management etc and decent results
what gains do these see?where can they be purchased.perhaps this and a diff may tick the boxes

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
what gains do these see?where can they be purchased.perhaps this and a diff may tick the boxes

Coupled with some basic supporting mods as,detailed below it's yielded 212bhp and 159lbft but with 80% of that available from about 3000rpm, so a very solid, linear torque curve that isn't overly peaky but does keep pulling right to the 7800 limiter.

Spec is :

- 60K phase 1 172 engine
- 197 cams with 7 degree inlet advance
- 197 injectors
- 182 exhaust manifold
- RS2 carbon inlet (original one)
- Efi parts remap on stock ecu

It runs and drives like standard really, starts on the button, idles perfect, literally no down side at all

As for sourcing one now, the original ones crop up second hand and there was a chap making them new or going to be soon on Facebook if you search for rs2 inlet.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
If I was doing it again I’d go for the pure motorsport bodies and all the associated parts.
You will feel a big increase in power on a decent F4R and they look great.
I've had my KTEC bodies for 10 years now and they have never let me down even in the depths of winter.

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
thanks fellas,its got cams,remap etc done by k tec pryer to me owning the car,its done 137000 but seems strong.it gets hammered at combe tbh.im after torque not hp.it has a dyno print out of 197 at present.goes well but it is light now.i'll keep my eyes ooen.anyine has one for sale pm please

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
thanks fellas,its got cams,remap etc done by k tec pryer to me owning the car,its done 137000 but seems strong.it gets hammered at combe tbh.im after torque not hp.it has a dyno print out of 197 at present.goes well but it is light now.i'll keep my eyes ooen.anyine has one for sale pm please

I lost overall peak torque, but the spread is considerably better, with much more available low down. Basically the age old adage of 'area under the curve' which is night and day over stock configuration for a low spec build really. To me it's the perfect balance of a n/a F4R. I've selected the right bits at the right budget to compliment each other without going mental and buying everything. Spec creep can lead to all sorts and I made the decision early on that was going to reign it in.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I lost overall peak torque, but the spread is considerably better, with much more available low down. Basically the age old adage of 'area under the curve' which is night and day over stock configuration for a low spec build really. To me it's the perfect balance of a n/a F4R. I've selected the right bits at the right budget to compliment each other without going mental and buying everything. Spec creep can lead to all sorts and I made the decision early on that was going to reign it in.

This is what’s happening to my build 😂

I love the build as much as driving it so wouldn’t change it but.... I do look back to my RS2 spec and think I should of left it 😂

reliability is key to enjoyment of track days and I think the RS2, EFi map and quafie diff is a really good achievable base to use and abuse time after time with little maintenance.