ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Body Question...

Cant see them m8 - what page? Or is it a special order or something?

1500notes is well cheap like - do you have any info on what it includes?

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

What sort of power would you gain on having tbs on the 16v or williams engine? Is that 1500 including fitting??

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Dont think its on the web site but its in their mag. I think its about 30 bhp on a 16v. 1500 is the kit i think 2000+ for fitting.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

it sounds like something to do with the throttle body position/how it inducts the air.Interested to find out what it does mean though?

"Standard" throttle bodies are horizontally mounted, whilst "downdraft" are for cars where there is limited clearance between the bulkhead, so they are mounted vertically on a manifold with a 90 degree bend in it. The trade-off is normally lower performance.

Are these available for sale now ?? Would this be better than puttin a willy engine in !! I wouldve thort so wiv 30 BHP more !! IMAGINE A 180 BHP valver (i know they are not 150 BHP std b4 u ask) !!!! how would it fair against a normal 172 ???

I spoke to K-TEC about this conversion last week

Their kit is £1728 i think , it includes tbs / jenvy manifold / fuel rail / management and some other things i cant remember

They are fitting a set to their demo car this month so well see what gains they get

neil

Quote: Originally posted by StevieB on 13 November 2003

"Standard" throttle bodies are horizontally mounted, whilst "downdraft" are for cars where there is limited clearance between the bulkhead, so they are mounted vertically on a manifold with a 90 degree bend in it. The trade-off is normally lower performance.
Also various types of engine layout such as slant or V8s means a downdraught carb leads to a straighter shot.

Downdraught bodies on a clio kinda means the bonnet is in the way and induction length is shorter and more convoluted than conventional side draughts.

Cheers folks - I thought i it might be that! The K-Tec kit sounds like good value for money (better than Prima anyway) for 30bhp - and that would be on a standard engine!

Time to start saving....

has nobody done this to a valver already? Surely they must have.

Ive seen a couple of 2.0s with TBs, but never a valver.

We did indeed repair the above engine. We completely rebuilt the engine again, replaced the clyinder head and sorted out the engine management sysyem fitting a fully programable Lumenition system. The engine spent about a month on the dyno testing various different tweeks and mapping work. The max power we saw was 218bhp at the flywheel and 160lbs ft torque. The final spec delivered was reduced to 208 bhp but gained torque to 175 across a wider rev band. The car has now been bought by an old customer of mine from Jersey who has taken the engine out and fitted it in his rally car. We have also done this conversion to the Renault spider as well.

Nick: How much as a ballpark figure would the conversion be for the F7R/P engine?

Might be swayed from a head+cams package!!