ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Lag

172 ff
Noticed somthing today (might just be me imagining it) but when i put my foot down say 3/4 way down in any gear there is about 1/4 second lag before it does anything i.e increases speed rapidly.
when not in gear and press the accel pedal the revs go up straight away just dosnt seem to pull straight away in gear when moving, is it just me or is it supposed to happen?
Thanks

172 Cup
The FBW throttle on the 182 does create a very small delay over cable throttles but it shouldn't be a 1/4 of a second.

VaVa
I've only ever noticed a delay of the FBW when NOT in gear and revving the engine. Never noticed lag at any other time.

MY10 R35 GTR
its the FBW throttle mate. If ur used to cable throttles that u'll notice the difference. Just technology.

I've found feeding the throttle is better than just decking it.

172 ff
ye i noticed if i swiftly but gradually push its ok and picks up well, but from top to bottom theres a delay, ok cool as long as theres nothing for me to worry about, after owning a Fiat im a bit of a car hypocondriac lol
cheers