ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle response

182 Cup
Basically when driving my car at low speeds ive noticed if I hold my foot slightly on the accelerator at one exact point, the car will slow down, then pick up, and does seem to consistantly react to where I am holding my foot. It is annoying because I can be going along, and then change gear, apply the same amount of pressure and the car will slow down. This something I have only just noticed and drove the car from cold, I am unsure whether it is the same when warm, but thought it could be a common problem?

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
i have the same problem its like its being ristricted. iv booked it in at renault so il let you no how i get on.
Callum

rps13
it's just the nature of the engines mate, tuned N/A needs warming up properly before driving.

wouldn't sweat it.

182 Cup
Well its a standard 172 engine. It does seem ok when its warm. I am overly worried since my last cars have all been problem ridden 106s!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
its booked in for friday but hopefully im trying my hardest to get it looked at before then but il let you no as soon as i do.

Mine does a similar thing, every day home from work i drive steady at about 40mph in 4th down the ind estate and the car will suddenly zip up to bout 45mph without adjusting my foot on the accelerator. Starts off sluggish until it zips off it does it in about the same place on the road every day. Weird!

182 Cup
I just drove mine from complete cold and until it hit running temperature it was exactly like that, felt like it was bogging down then picking up. Id guess it was sensor related not sure why the temperature of the engine would have any effect.