ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibrations at certain rpms

Clio extreme 4
1500 and 3000 rpm

Also at 60 mph

Its had all new belt end done within last 1000 miles. Timing, alternator, air con. New mount was fitted last week.

Vibration through the accelerator pedal and seat. Vastly more noticeable at when car is cold and stationary.

Calms down but doesnt go when car is warm and stationary.

Only noticeable through feel at 60 while moving but can hear what seems like an exhaust leak but isnt at the same revs.

Just natural and new stuff is making it more obvious, or does it suggest something wrong?

Clio extreme 4
Also while im here. Just out of an abundance of paranoia and because the car sat for a while and may have run with dirty fuel, i am replacing the injectors.

HOFH75112099 HOFFER - 8200025248​

That is the reference.

Are these straight plug and play on a standard 1.2, because I cant find any data sheet and apparently they dont come with one.

I have an icarsoft cr pro+ (same as max but no touch screen) so can code them but wouldnt know where to get the right data. Anyone help?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Its very hard to diagnose stuff like this without looking, but personally id be looking at the top engine mount as its been off during cambelt swap, and look at lower dogbone and gearbox mount.

No point in replacing the injectors unless its misfiring, run some injector cleaner. Id be careful using aftermarket injectors only oem or same make as oem

Clio extreme 4
Checked engine mounts? Not familiar with the non-sports, but that’s what I’d check first personally.
Yep. Bottom and gearbox top mount are fine. No wobble in them at all or cracking. Just the top drivers side mount was replaced so its a new one. Dont know if its new stiffness is just sending more through the body?

Clio extreme 4
Its very hard to diagnose stuff like this without looking, but personally id be looking at the top engine mount as its been off during cambelt swap, and look at lower dogbone and gearbox mount.

No point in replacing the injectors unless its misfiring, run some injector cleaner
As mentioned. The top mount is new. The others have no play and arent split or cracked.

All seems to be straight through the peddle and then into the seat down the right hand side, like the new belts and the new mount are just a bit stiff and sending any and all vibration through the body

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
New belts dont cause any vibration. Is engine misfiring?

Id loosen off the top mount to bodyshell bolts, let it idle and settle into place then retorque.

Clio extreme 4
New belts dont cause any vibration. Is engine misfiring?

Id loosen off the top mount to bodyshell bolts, let it idle and settle into place then retorque.
Not even if they are too tight? Engines running fine. No lights, no odd running, no odd values from the live data. There is what sounds like a wet tick like theres one valve with slightly too much gap but no running problems. All seems normal. Just something, when cold and stationary, thats making a vibration that only appears at 60 ish when moving.

Shall try the mount.

Clio extreme 4
And no help on the injector front? Everything ive seen or read suggests that you just swap em out and no need for coding. Injectors didnt come with a data sheet, have no codes on them individually, and I cant find any videos or guides that say they require coding in a clio anyway.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
And no help on the injector front? Everything ive seen or read suggests that you just swap em out and no need for coding. Injectors didnt come with a data sheet, have no codes on them individually, and I cant find any videos or guides that say they require coding in a clio anyway.

They don't need coding.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You post like the world owes you something

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Not even if they are too tight? Engines running fine. No lights, no odd running, no odd values from the live data. There is what sounds like a wet tick like theres one valve with slightly too much gap but no running problems. All seems normal. Just something, when cold and stationary, thats making a vibration that only appears at 60 ish when moving.

Shall try the mount.

Defo sounds like the mounts need loosening, letting the engine idle to find it's happy place and then re-torquing. With them re-torqued it should alleviate any worries of them being too tight as well.