ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thruxton BTCC, Will you be there?

Oil Burner
Is it worth arranging to meet up at a certain time? Maybe the chicane leading onto the start/finish, theres a corner of fencing where the togs tend to stand.

Funnily enough I was looking at tickets, for the Saturday, online yesterday and am still considering popping along - although still need to finalise other plans for the weekend.

Good to finally speak to you yesterday Chris. How was today, did you take your camera?

I took it along, found a nice spot and chilled out in the same spot all day. I'm thinking it's the way forward, as I got the camera ready for the first lap of each race and ended up catching loads of crashes. It was at least as busy as you described so I'm glad you have me a heads up on that, I left an hour earlier in the morning and only had a 10 minute queue to park thankfully.

Were you right up next to the Clio crash yesterday? I only saw it from a distance but it didn't look nice.

Will do a proper thread in the Motorsport Media section, but here are a few shots...

521354070_m4j3w-L.jpg

521404710_vGtmV-L.jpg

521477199_TW7gd-L.jpg

521440073_q6HsC-L.jpg

521387161_piP3n-L.jpg

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20vt
I took it along, found a nice spot and chilled out in the same spot all day. I'm thinking it's the way forward, as I got the camera ready for the first lap of each race and ended up catching loads of crashes. It was at least as busy as you described so I'm glad you have me a heads up on that, I left an hour earlier in the morning and only had a 10 minute queue to park thankfully.

Were you right up next to the Clio crash yesterday? I only saw it from a distance but it didn't look nice.

Will do a proper thread in the Motorsport Media section, but here are a few shots...

Yep i was right next to the Clio crash....only i'd put my camera down and so missed any chance of getting pics as it happened. It was pretty big and happened so fast, only 1 of the drivers got stretchered off though and all the others were walking which was a relief.

Good to hear you got a good spot today, that's what i did last season, found a nice spot and just stayed glued there all day. Glad my heads-up paid off too. Your pics look stunning as ever, looking forward to seeing the others. Was it any less windy today?