ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thumbgrips

2001 Clio 172
Thats probs cos the standard ones are rubber where as the K-tec ones are GRP. I think super glue will work fine with GRP.

koi

Audi S1
Get some pics once it's fitted. The ones I've seen so far seem to look a bit thin round the edges so has kind of put me off them.

Might just keep mine with no thumb grip, doesn't look too bad

Focius ST
just used a combo of super glues , they arent the greatest fit in the world but they feel alot better then nackered original ones if you have the problem of knackered thumbgrips and dont want to pay for a new wheel i would heavily suggest these and if your going for a carbon them they also come in carbon effect heres a few pics

before
grip1.jpg

after
grip2.jpg

grip3.jpg

2001 Clio 172
They don't seem to fit too well, although they aren't that pricey so i suppose you can't complain. I might get some a spray them silver to try and look similar to the silver standard inserts.

Focius ST
yer i did think about that but then decided i cba to buy paint to do it. i know they arent the best fit but id rather put the extra £100 that ud pay for a new wheel towards coilovers or exhaust

2001 Clio 172
Yea totally agree with you mate. I'll hopefully paint them when i get some and you can see what they look like. Might be a while though lol!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi Guys,

The thumb grips are still very much a work in progress, hand making GRP inserts to fit exactly each time is somewhat tricky, and hence they are not on general release on the website. We are perfecting them and released some at a reduced cost to CS members only as they are a great improvement on the rubber ones, a black sealer masks any gaps in the fitment if required. Once we have them perfected, we will put them on general release.

Sean.

"Navy" N17 TWO
they look s**t

Fittment look crap, look at the bottom

Nasty

Aftermarket item mate - even if you took the OEM part out of a Clio it NEVER goes back in the way it was :dapprove:
Kind-of the whole purpose of someone making parts like these :)

As Sean says, it's teething problems for a simple solution to big problem. To which of course RENAULT should of sorted out many moons ago! :banghead:

Focius ST
in honest opinion the knackered oe ones feel crap and did depress me about the car now i know the ktec ones arnt perfect but unless u have the time/patience and skill to make fibrelass ones what other options are there? buy another steering that in 6 months could have exact same problem?

Evo Stick or Araldite and duck tape to hold them in place whilst the glue sets.

I used Evo Stick on mine and they've been on for months and aint moved.

Shame they aren't a perfect fit as said before, but its better than knackered grips.

IMG_1229.jpg

05 Clio 182
D1cky that wheel looks good!

i had thought about getting an aftermarket wheel and relocating the buttons for cc and speed limiter - but quite like the original wheel.

are we able to get pre-release versions of the thumbgrips from ktec?

D1cky that wheel looks good!

i had thought about getting an aftermarket wheel and relocating the buttons for cc and speed limiter - but quite like the original wheel.

are we able to get pre-release versions of the thumbgrips from ktec?

:D

What do you mean pre-release versions ?

DCi 100
By pre-release you mean the actual mould?

They probably wouldn't tbh, but it's fairly simple to do that sort of thing using a nackered set of thumbgrips etc.

Iceberg 172
I used superglue and you can't tell it's repaired at all. I did catch it just as it began to split though.

05 Clio 182
i meant pre-release as in they are in "testing" ill be a guinea pig! not pre release as in just out of the mold lol