ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tillet seats

Clio 172 cup
Anyone fitted these in a Clio or looked into it at all? I found them comfy in the past and they weigh nothing so I'm tempted....

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I have a customer with a pair in a Trophy but sorry, no pics.

I was scared to sit in them for fear of breaking them. Suprisingly comfortable though and yep they weigh less than fek all

Audi A3
Friend of mine also has a set in a trophy, spent a fair bit of time in the passenger one on a long trip, surprised
me how comfy they actually are!

Clio 172 cup
Ye I think you're advised to have a pad behind the head rest to limit the total amount of flex. We've had them without that though in the passenger seat of a Caterham and never had any issues with strength so I reckon they're pretty solid. We're about to fit a cage and I feel like I need to compensate for the extra weight!

The only problem I see with them is they are designed for cars where the car pretty much wraps around the seats ie Caterham Westfield etc. In the event of a crash in one of those the harness limits your frontal movement and if the seat were to move under compression you are only going to go a few cm's until you are supported by the car.

In a Clio though if you were to have compression (the opposite to what the harnesses support) and the seat broke you would go backwards toward the rear seat area with potentially dangerous consequences

Clio 172 cup
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Are there any cars with open cockpits, more clio than caterham which use these?