ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

time for new boots

the 172 scraped through it's MOT last w/e as the tyres are on the wear indicators

currently it's wearing Exaltos which are ok but nothing special

can anyone recommend a tyre, I'm not after a super sticky qualification tyre but something with a reasonable wear/grip level

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I had continental sport contacts on mine & they were fine.

Trophy runs exalto's & these are better in the wet.

Renaultsport 220T
If you are doing track days, check out the Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. They are awesome.

Haven't tried them in the wet though yet. lol

:)

320d
When buying tyres i only go for either michelin exaltos, yoko parada spec2's or goodyear eagles depending on the prices at the time.

I found the goodyears the best in the wet personally out of the three

BMW Z4 3.0i
I recommend Pirelli P-Zero Neros. Cheap and if you don't want to buy off the net, Kwik-fit often do buy three get, get one free which makes it almost as cheap. They have fantastic, predictable, reliable grip in the dry but traction in the wet is a bit average. I ran a set from new on my clio for 30k and they still weren't quite down to the wear indicators.

VaVa
I'm ready for a new set up front.

Glad someone else thinks the Exaltos are only OK - I actually preferred the ContiSports.

Going to try Goodyear next I reckon.

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
I recently ended up with a set of 4 Yokohama A539s, I say ended up because I had 4 Goodyear F1s put to one side for me but when I went to have them fitted they had c0cked up a little and fitted them to someone elses car (turns out it was a mate of mine so wasn't really that bothered - at least one of us got them!). I was going with F1s because I'd had a few sets on my last Cup, and on my Golf Anniversary, and they were great. Went with the Yokos because that's what they offered me (at a great price) and I needed the tyres there and then.

First week or so on the Yokos and they felt OK, but the steering was very light which gave the impression of a lack of grip and they didn't inspire confidence. However, I dropped the pressures by 3 psi all round the other day (was going to try loads of different pressures to see what worked) and now the tyres feel transformed. Good steering feel, good grip and seem very predictable when cornering hard. Another bonus is by the sounds of it they make a good track tyre.

So I can definately see me buying another set of these.

Mito Sportiva 135
I tried the Pirelli P Zeros on the 172, very pleased with them so far... apparently they pay for their performance by being less durable than say Contis, but going ok so far. I would say they have slightly better grip than Contis in the wet, pretty much the same in the dry.

I managed to get a set of 4 for £60 each too... :cool:

EP3 Civic Type R
Some people hate them but I've always found Toyo T1-R's to be good in both wet and dry conditions and they don't wear down too easy. They just seem to be a love it or hate it kind of tyre!

I've also had Yokohama A539s and these are great, they just seem to wear out quicker than the Toyos

Breaking A 172 Replica
Some people hate them but I've always found Toyo T1-R's to be good in both wet and dry conditions and they don't wear down too easy. They just seem to be a love it or hate it kind of tyre!

I've also had Yokohama A539s and these are great, they just seem to wear out quicker than the Toyos

In the dry do you think the T1-Rs are better than the Yokos?