ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time lapse photography?

Ok, perhaps a weird one this one...

I need to take some photographs over a period of time, ideally leaving a camera to do it's stuff while I go off and do something else.

Is there anything available that will do this? From what I can see very few cameras have this facility built in, and the only way I can think of doing it is by having some sort of remote and doing it manually?

Any advice gratefully received!

:)

Suzuki Ignis
Image capture does it I think. Not used it in years though.

Search for 'tethered' on google.

Edit:You need a laptop.

There are bits of physical kit that do it for you but they aren't particularly cheap so it depends what you want to spend on it really. I've done mine the old fashioned way so far, stop watch and a lot of free time...

[youtube]QCq83l9m0Ns[/youtube]

[youtube]NshfU3PwPQg[/youtube]

haha They're awesome videos :D

Will have a look for the laptop one, cheers :)

The bird and water thing? I'm confused lol Do you mean like one of those water feature things that fills up, tips out, fills up, tips out, etc etc? I guess something could be rigged up but it doesn't sound easy lol

Thanks for the suggestions so far though, I will have a look at those :)

Any more suggestions gratefully received!!

Cupra
Canon SLR's will do it when plugged into your PC with the USB cable and using their Utility suite. IIRC.