ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Machine / Back-up etc help?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just bought a new external HD that I'm going to use as backup etc.

I have a MBP with windows installed. Windows has all of my work stuff on so that's more important. If I back up the whole computer through the Mac software will it automatically have my work stuff on it?

I know that it needs to be formatted differently for it to work between Mac and Windows. Would like it to do the whole thing, but if not will just run it through windows and drag and drop files into it.

Hope that makes sense?!

Is Windows installed through Bootcamp? I think Time Machine, by default, excludes this partition. Not sure on the implications of enabling it (if you can)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Should be fine and included in the backup then as to time machine all your Windows VM is is a big file, it doesn't 'know' what it is just that it's a file.

Bootcamp is different as it's a whole new partition etc.

Sorry to jump on this thread but my question comes under the same topic.

My Macbook keeps having faults so was going to do a fresh install, whats the best way of saving everything i currently have on my Mac?
I want to keep all my settings and everything like my saved passwords etc....