ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tinting rear windows

Ph 1 172
quick question does anyone no the rough price for removing tinted windows?? the 2 fronts and all the rears... my car has them and im not to keen. anyone no anywhere in essex that will do it as well?

quick question does anyone no the rough price for removing tinted windows?? the 2 fronts and all the rears... my car has them and im not to keen. anyone no anywhere in essex that will do it as well?

I'm in the same situation. The rears have been tinted far too dark and it looks almost like a van (car is black). I've had quotes of removing and fitting a lighter tint varying from £110-170, so just removal should be a fair bit cheaper than that.

If you look on the net there are various methods of removing the tint. A hairdryer is one to melt the glue, just requires something to clean the remainnig glue off the glass.

very easy to do yourself.

heat up the corner with a hair dryer and pull slowly...

you will more than likley leave alot of glue residue on the window. so just buy some turps and some stanley blades and it will come straight off.

easy squeezy i promise

hi mate, as above by keano i was worried about doing them myself. . . turns out could not have been easier!! hairdryer, knife to get at the edges, bit o glass polish and voila! all done and de chavved!

jamie

oh and i opted for turps then glass polish, turps took the glue off, glass polish got rid of any streaking and left them as clean as i need them being a clean freak!!

jamie

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't use turps myself. But very easy to do as said.
There is a product called sticky stuff remover which is much more safe than turps! Especially near paint!

well considering you are working on the inside of the car.(where the tint is) one would have to be a tail to splash it over paint :p

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I can second sticky stuff remover.. think they sell it in halfords but we use it at work to get sticker glue off computers.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
well considering you are working on the inside of the car.(where the tint is) one would have to be a tail to splash it over paint :p
I'm just talking from experience mate I work in a bodyshop and wouldn't have turps anywhere near any cars.

Bumder With A Buffer
Is it easy to swap windows out? I.e could take mine out of my Phase2 and would they fit a phase1?

In other words are the rear windows different in a phase1 to a phase2?