ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tints - worthit

182 Spiced

Hi, Im getting my titanium tinted on tuesday. Ive been quoted £160 for a 5hr job?? Do you think its worthit, and secondly what do you generally think of tints? Should I tell the insurance company? I think its best - just in case, theyll find anything to do you over...

have any of you got yours tinted recently?

yea worth it, its alot nicer i think! 5hrs! lol it takes about hour or 2 at most! but that is the general price u pay! are u gettin the fronts tinted?

182 Spiced

no, im leaving the front, in fact, i dont think ive ever seen any clio with the fronts tinted. do you think its a good idea? all the rest will be tinted though. the bloke said if you wanted to take them off it would cost £60...?

you sure 2hrs max.... ? maybe i should stay away if im being quoted 3hours over the standard time?

Yamaha R6

lol...i have limo front and back... I call it the presidential tint... insurance companys dont need to know, i told mine and they didnt care either way.

Yamaha R6

Quote: Originally posted by 182 Spiced on 25 March 2005

no, im leaving the front, in fact, i dont think ive ever seen any clio with the fronts tinted. do you think its a good idea? all the rest will be tinted though. the bloke said if you wanted to take them off it would cost £60...?

you sure 2hrs max.... ? maybe i should stay away if im being quoted 3hours over the standard time?
£60?? bro I had metallic tint first which i didnt like. I had it taken off the front and back for £20 before I had it all re-done.

Yeah tints are definately worth it, look so good. mines a mk1, but still makes a big difference. i think if i were you, i would go for all 5 windows.

when i got mine done, he quoted me a price for doing them, so the longer it takes, is proabably better, as he will probably do a better job. i might be wrong though. lol

Ive just limo blacked my rear windows either side, what am i allowed to do the front windows and rear screen, excluding the front screen?

Ie, the films tend to say light smoke, dark smoke, Limo black etc, would like it as dark as i can without causing probs with an MOT.

Is it true ya cant Limo black the rear screen?

Elise/VX220/R26

Tints have had their day I rekon, half arsed ones look crap and if you have them decently dark youll get pulled. Best left alone IMO like gold alloys ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 26 March 2005

majorb - You can go as dark as you want on the rear screen, as you can on the rear sides. Its just the front sides where youre supposed to stal legal, ie 35% tint (or wotever it is)
To stay legal the front windscreen can only have a minimum 75% light transmission. Front sides can only have a minimum of 70% light transmission.

In alot of cases and especially on modern motors, the factory tint is already at these limits.

If you get caught with illegal tints you can have your car impounded and a rectification notice issued.

Mitsubishi Colt

Mate in his charvered Focus went to get his done last week.... left the tinters place in tears when the tinter told him that 70% on the sides would get his collar felt something like 1 mile up the road after he left. Daft sod had that kind of tint on his old Civic and probably the same on his tinted specs he (always) wears.

Tinter told him theyd done a brand new BMW recently and it didnt even get off the garage forecourt before it had a rectification notice slapped on it and a kicking for its intended owner.

LESSON: its always good to be able to see pedestrians and obstacles before you run them over....

Da

Less

mine are illegal, fact. But hardly going to block my vision making me run over pedestrians etc etc...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Daz_2427/tintpic.jpg

Fair enough, Limo black on the fronts could be argued as OTT but I know people on here have done it and fair play to them, but as you can see from the picture above, my illegal tints are hardly on a par with speeding etc...

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Thats not the point-when it comes to tinted windows id say im an expect. Been pulled twice with them. 1st time round mine were 2grades lighter than limo black

http://http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jph172/blackclio5.jpg

And you think this looks legal, well its not-came up on the police scanner as 31.5% dark& should only be 30% so they had to be remover!
2nd time round i decided to have them redone to match the rear&it looks good&stops people from looking in but i found great difficulty looking OUT the window at night.
And just a message to all If you have,nt been pulled yet with them its only a matter of time!
Every force in the country are getting them&its embarassing to be nicked for them&the hassle of taking the film off is unreal! :mad:

[Edited by jph172 on 3/27/2005 2:24:20 PM]

[Edited by jph172 on 3/27/2005 2:25:08 PM]

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Cheers mate! For some reason my transfer of files from photobucket is taking a lifetime.

I fancy getting my 182 tinted when i get it however not sure what arctic blue will look like with tinted windows ? Does anyone have theirs done ? If so do you have any pics ?:confused: