ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TLGPs in a dci80

The Jinx

Had two TLGPs this weekend. Dont make a habit of it anymore but was in the mood.

1st against a 2.0Bravo. 2 people in mine(incl me) 1 in his (thats him). The heavy oil variant held him up to 50, where I then backed off cos Iwasnt going to go much more over the 40 limit

2nd against a Bora TDi with 1 adult driver and 1 baby. Got bogged down in 1st (doh!) but gained and held her, again until 50 (in a 30)

Dead chuffed. Cant wait to get some money to get it chipped to 105bhp. Should go like stink (for a diesel)

they are a good little car. raced one in the Astra the other day and had he not bogged down he would have won easily as caught up fairly quick. Mind u I was canning the knackerd off mine to stay ahead ;)

Think the Dci 80 could be a true street sleeper with 105bhp and loads of torque, might even start to frighten all the Saxo Vtr boys?

The Jinx

It really p1sses people off as well. Getting beaten by a diesel.

Set off from the lights quickly a couple of weeks ago, and had a CTR behind. Anyway at the next set, he was sat behind as I set off. I didnt set off that quick but he mustve thought a race was on. Right up my chuff and then pulled out, engine wailing and with a big grin of satisfaction.

Well done, I thought. You have a 197bhp Civic, and you whupped an 80bhp diesel Clio.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Hes probably posting on the CTR forum how he toasted a 172... DCi80 with 105bhp would be a great motor. Almost the same bhp as a 1.6 16v and loads more torque.

The Jinx

Nearly went for the 1.6, but with 3 people in it it just didnt go. Something that the torque wave of the dci 80 overcomes.

Well i can confirm the power gain in the DCI i got a ecu upgrade from germany it has made a great gain and it more than keeps up with a vtr and mine is a dci65 with a ecu and exhaust so your dci will thrash a vtr! but where iam selling my beast now it has been in redline next month the ecu is up for sale so if ya want it? it cost £549 a few weeks ago so i will sell it for £450 ono if ya interested, it plugs on and off in minutes so its warranty proof lol.