ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOCA Race Driver 3

VaVa
It's playable. I'll give it that. And it doesn't require you to do 10,000 laps in an endurance race like GT4.

But ultimately, it can hold a candle to GT4/Forza/Project Gotham.

Shame because I used to love Toca on my PS1.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
And both GT4 and TRD3 are pounded, bashed, minced, burnt, and annihilated into submission by the likes of GTR and GT Legends.

Having said that, both GTR and GTL are hopeless for the 'I want a quick blast' scenario. They take time and commitment to appreciate properly.

D.

Ziel Nurburgring
I thought that, glad i only rented it from blockbuster.

Now Black on the otherhand, might not be racing but the most playable game for ages.....

Darren S said:
And both GT4 and TRD3 are pounded, bashed, minced, burnt, and annihilated into submission by the likes of GTR and GT Legends.

Having said that, both GTR and GTL are hopeless for the 'I want a quick blast' scenario. They take time and commitment to appreciate properly.

D.
I agree with these comments although GTR/GTL aren't THAT much better, quite a lot better though.

Depends what you want / mood you are in. I have GTR and it is very good, but but I have to be in a kinda geeky mood to play it - which isn't often. Not enough tracks to keep me interested, plus more than 1 can of beer and I can't play it in anything above arcade mode anyway because it is silly hard.

So Toca RD3 is much more playable in the real world unless you are a full on geek the whole time. Toca RD3 shouldn't be marketed as the 'ultimate racing sim', more "best hybrid racer".

T_RD3 is very flexible as in you can select the difficulty level presicely, number of laps, flag system etc.
I rather like it, although not as a great a leap forward as I was hoping for from the RD2. The flag system is annoying to start with, but worth it as it gets people used to not cheating for when you play on line.

I definitely don't think it's too arcade like, I play NFS-most wanted when I just feel like a mindless blast.

Final note:I've heard people say that T-RD3 is not as enjoyable with a joypad. I've got a decent wheel and seem to be achieving much quicker lap times than mates with pads.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Pad works OK for me too.

I can't work out why they f***ed up Brands :S - in TRD2 they had it bang on, all corners worked and the line needed was close to reality. In TRD3 though, you can take Graham Hill bend flat out, not even a throttle lift needed which is b****cks.

Castle Combe is nothing like the real thing either :(

Crap tracks aside...I get along with it OK...just never seem to have the time for it.