ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tomorrow is almost here!

1.2 Clio 16v
there is one very excited 17 year old sat here this morning writing this..i pick my clio up tomorrow and i couldn't be more excited..does anybody have any advice of how to get the best out of a clio 1.2 16v? expect many pictures to follow :)

Melissa :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Take it easy and you'll enjoy it for longer.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Don't waste your money modifying it, enjoy it for what it is, take it steady, wrack up your NCB.

No doubt the O.P will ignore this and stick stupid mods on it without declaring, crash and void insurance.

1.2 Clio 16v
believe me no intention of doing that! i was in my mates punto when he crashed and 3 hours in a&e strapped to a bed wasn't the best experience of my life..

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
believe me no intention of doing that! i was in my mates punto when he crashed and 3 hours in a&e strapped to a bed wasn't the best experience of my life..

Oil on the road? Slippy road? Another drivers fault? Dropped a cog etc?

Be safe....

330i. E30 Touring.
Pretty much, most people on here will tellyou to keep it standard and save the money you'd spend on mods saving for something faster/upgraded!

Oh, and FFS don't crash. I did and I'm still paying for it, lol.

260% JCW
As Magic said realy, enjoy the freedom of having your own transport and freedom oh And the pain of running costs and the price of fuel! lol

Take it easy, and build up your NCD then when your ready upgrade rather then mod.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Calm down, pal.

You seem to have a royal stick up your arse over the last few days.

Pretty much every post is trying to rip people for something you don't have much idea about.

This place get worse for people have sense of humor. One of my posts may have been a bit ars*y the other day (it was about Turini's ffs, its not like there aren't any pictures of cars on here with them).

Why don't you run along and tell other people who are alot worse than me to 'calm down' (i am very calm at this moment thanks). Or am I not one of the in crowd that get away with it?

Oh and here's my posts from the last few days http://www.cliosport.net/forum/search.php?searchid=8488781 99% rather helpful and nice , or in jest i'd say!

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The fact you can use commas, make me think you'll be fine.

Pics?

1.2 Clio 16v
thanks gally! pics will follow tomorrow when it's home, providing i don't crash of course which seems to be a premonition, some 17 year olds do have brains :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Enough spam children.

I think the ladie asked a question.

BG 182 FF
yeah as other people here have said- resist the temptation to drive like a dick! i wrote my 1.2 mk2 ph2 off by going round a roundabout too fast, then wiped it into a lamppost at 40. the post came into the car about 3 inches away from my knees I was lucky but i'm still getting raped for insurance now and that was 2 years ago. its weird now though that i've got a 182 i actually drive it like a granny most of the time! think the novelty has worn off (unless i pull up at the lights next to some chavs in a corsa who think they have a chance haha)

Crappy work hire car
Enough spam children.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

To the OP, just take it steady until you get to know the car, how it handles, the dimensions etc and build up some NCB. Worst thing you can do as others have said is wrap it around a tree at this early stage - you'll end up paying for it for many years! Enjoy and be safe :)

Evo
A few tasteful mods can be done to a 1.2 though, just not induction kits and manifold and remaps etc.

Otherwise it'll get pretty boring quickly.