ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took delivery of an Huawei Honor 7 today!

2014 Focus Titanium
I've been without a smartphone for 10 days now after smashing my OPO and it's been driving me mad, so yesterday I decided to order an Honor 7 in their Huawei flash sale @ £209.99.

huawei-honor-7-silver-1_0_1_600x600_bd126.jpg

I took delivery of it an hour ago and so far I'm really impressed with the quality for the price. I would say that this phone will sit between the OPO and OPT in terms of performance and specs, I'm liking the fingerprint scanner, 20mp camera, IR blaster,and the build quality seems good too.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the Emotion UI but I'm sure Google Now Launcher can be reverted back too, I just need to figure it out if I get annoying/bored of this as I tend to prefer vanilla Android.

Anyone else bought/considering one?

2014 Focus Titanium
That's actually more expensive than I ever 'thought' they were.
The Honor 7? It's not been out a month. You might be thinking of older versions or lesser models.

It's worth mentioning the spec of this phone:
  • Quad-core CPU - 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
  • 3GB RAM
  • 5.2" 1080p IPS screen
  • 16GB with expandable memory
  • Dual Sim (if not using expandable memory)
  • 20MP Rear Camera with dual LED (dual-tone) flash with Sapphire Glass
  • 8MP Front camera with LED flash
  • Fingerprint sensor (one of, if not the best on the market)
  • 3100mAh battery with fast charging
  • 4G (all UK bands)
  • NFC
  • Aluminium frame and back
Certainly not market leading but for £209 you can't really go too far wrong!

Last edited:
I meant the Huawei's in general. Only ever seen one and had it down as something you'd pick up in ASDA or similar for sub £100.

I'm not trying to belittle them - that's just the generalisation I made. No doubt they are a half decent bit of kit that will in time promote themselves.

I must say it looks very much like a HTC I owned about 5 years ago. HD2 or something. The camera and the front.

2014 Focus Titanium
Ah sorry I thought you were just saying they were crap lol.

Yeah it looks similar to a HTC definitely, I just thought sod it for £209 I can buy it and if I don't like it just chop it in again but actually it's really quite a nice phone!

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Ah sorry I thought you were just saying they were crap lol.

Yeah it looks similar to a HTC definitely, I just thought sod it for £209 I can buy it and if I don't like it just chop it in again but actually it's really quite a nice phone!

I was tempted to order this due to the price and the big screen. currently have a galaxy s4 but usnure what to change it to. its good that your enjoying the phone :)

2014 Focus Titanium
I was tempted to order this due to the price and the big screen. currently have a galaxy s4 but usnure what to change it to. its good that your enjoying the phone :smile:
I would say it's a decent upgrade from the S4. Today I enabled the stock Google Launcher and it's flying. Fingerprint scanner is stupidly quick.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Huawei are a decent company. Well done for being different! Not really my bag... not really into the spec wars, looks decent though :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Impressive mate. Especially from a techy guy like yourself. Launcher was a great idea.

It looks okay and I know MP doesn't mean much but 20mp is impressive.

2014 Focus Titanium
The camera is much better than what I've tried before (OPO, nexus, etc) but I've never compared iPhone and Samsung cameras so I can't comment on them, but it's seriously impressive.

Let's be honest the best thing about companies such as Huawei and Oneplus, it's all driving down the cost of mobile tech, which is awesome! A £209 (or 249 currently) phone that can genuinely compete with ~£500 big name phones, it's cool that the market is going this way.