ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the plunge on a Ph2 172..

2002 172
So today I bought myself a Flame Red 2002 172.
Have always toyed with getting one, so happy to begin the journey!
It's a little tired and has had some strange additions ( and subtractions!), but I hope to get it back to original ASAP.
Here she is, go easy...!

Attachments

• IMG_6589.PNG
    IMG_6589.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 197
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Hello and welcome. Seems a nice car from the picture. Get some more up please and list your ideas/plans

2002 172

That was just a picture from the advert. It's raining to heavily here to get any more pictures yet!

Plans are to keep everything original and improve the condition overall.

I have noticed it has a 182 air filter housing, so need to get a 172 one asap.
Xenon washer jets have been blocked with rubber plugs, so would like to get those bought and fitted.
Gearstick gaiter retaining plastic ring is broken, so the leather gaiter spins from the centre console when driving - annoying me already!
Blowers only blow out hot air - so need to do the repair I've found on this site. Thanks!
There are a few interior trim screws missing that I want to replace. Namely the one on the boot lid trim near the handle. Can anyone advise what this one is?

Thanks in advance!

2002 172
Thanks for the reply.

Should the air box/filter housing be sitting on some sort of player or bracket then?
It's doesn't seem to be fixed down at all, just connected by the air infeed pipe?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Think I saw that advertised on gumtree a few weeks back? Looks clean. Considered viewing but it was too far away from me.
Also seemed very well priced considering the advertised spec... hope it turns out a bargain for you!

2002 172
Has it been lowered at some point? Wheels are buried deep in those arches.
Spacers FTW :smile:

I wasn't sure if it had but after going through all the receipts and paperwork, a previous had bought some lowering springs a couple of years back. Not sure if I'll try with original suspension setup...

Listerine & Poledo
I wasn't sure if it had but after going through all the receipts and paperwork, a previous had bought some lowering springs a couple of years back. Not sure if I'll try with original suspension setup...
Depends how much you can get the springs for.
If you're happy with the ride as is, wouldn't bother changing....aint broke, and all that.
But a set of spacers to shove the wheels out a jot, it'd look "better" (all personal tastes of course)

In any case, top colour, makes it one of the least chav-spec Clios you can get :up:

2002 172
True; maybe I'll just wait until the suspension knackers and put originals back in then!
What size wheel spacers can go in without any issues?

And thanks, second favourite colour behind LY!

2002 172
Thanks - I think I'm quite lucky after some of the cars I have viewed!

I did think there'd be a section somewhere, so appreciate the pointer.

Clio RS 172 2002
Stock airbox in a 172 P2 is a trapezoidal-shaped box with a paper panel filter inside. If it doesn't look like this then it's probably an aftermarket intake. The stock box is good.

post-21923-0-82469400-1466667651.jpg

aircon clip rubber.JPG

Last edited:
  2002 172
Stock airbox in a 172 P2 is a trapezoidal-shaped box with a paper panel filter inside. If it doesn't look like this then it's probably an aftermarket intake. The stock box is good.

View attachment 1335808

Cheers for the pictures, I will check when I can get back over to the car. Currently waiting for WeBuyAnyCar to take my car off my hands!