ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top speed

133/225/CLS AMG

I did 120mph the other day which was in my MK2 172!! Still had plenty to go but it felt quick enough in the Clio lol.

I was being a wimp really!!! haha

Street Triple R

I dont see the point in doing such high speeds on the roads, top speed is no fun, i couldnt care less if my car topped out at 100mph as long as it had good acceleration, i dont think ive ever done more than about 90 in the cup.

Although saying that i did do an indicated !50 in the evo a few years back, but that was more because i was bored and fed up of the road i was travelling on

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 14 June 2005

I dont see the point in doing such high speeds on the roads, top speed is no fun, i couldnt care less if my car topped out at 100mph as long as it had good acceleration, i dont think ive ever done more than about 90 in the cup.

Although saying that i did do an indicated !50 in the evo a few years back, but that was more because i was bored and fed up of the road i was travelling on
i dont do these speeds on the road, and im sure im also speaking on behalf of most ppl!

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 14 June 2005

i dont do these speeds on the road, and im sure im also speaking on behalf of most ppl!
of course most people will have their own private runways, up to them though, i just dont see the point in going for top speeds

Im not very impressed by this thread. Top speed isnt what driving is about (especially not responsibly and safely).

Hope Im not sounding too much like an old man, but speaking from experience its all too easy to get self-centred in the heat of the moment and drive like a bit of a wally.

EVO VII

138mph in My Mk 1 172

160mph in my Old 300zx TT

In my Old Mini it had 90 Mph on the speedo i had it that far of the clock it went past the MPH bit at the bottom ;) i had it clocked at 122 mph @ 7992 RPM ( Scarey )

2005 Impreza WRX STI

of course most people will have their own private runways, up to them though, i just dont see the point in going for top speeds
some of these figures will prob be one off occasions, no one is saying they go blasting round at stupid speeds. im in the raf and can access a runway and ive also noticed theres a few other forces members so regards to your sarcastic airfield comment.......

Street Triple R

some of these figures will prob be one off occasions, no one is saying they go blasting round at stupid speeds. im in the raf and can access a runway and ive also noticed theres a few other forces members so regards to your sarcastic airfield comment.......
You and some of your friends may well have regular airfield access, but i can assure you that most people on here dont have

2005 Impreza WRX STI

u only need one airfield run or whatever to know your top speed. how many ppl attend track/runways etc etc.

Street Triple R

yeh i see what your saying but honestly most people on here would have done these speeds on the road, dont get me wrong im not some old killjoy just personally i cant see how anyone can get enjoyment out of top speed

fat 182

come on clarkie you know the airfield speed limit is 20 mph

youed never catch me doing more than 20 mph down the runway

;)

im up at wittering in september we could go for a slow drive down the runway ?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by dazraffan on 14 June 2005

come on clarkie you know the airfield speed limit is 20 mph

youed never catch me doing more than 20 mph down the runway

;)

im up at wittering in september we could go for a slow drive down the runway ?
those harriers go more than that!;)

clio 1.2 16v

12k miles

INDICATED on speedo - 127mph

in reality

108mph

was sitting on limiter in 5th, it was a little freak of a car though, run in properly ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

hit the limiter in my old 172 mk2.Reading just under 150 with the shift light on.The 182 did 110 the other day,but backed off.Still not quite in hooligan mode yet.But it will happen soon

ian

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

yeh i see what your saying but honestly most people on here would have done these speeds on the road, dont get me wrong im not some old killjoy just personally i cant see how anyone can get enjoyment out of top speed

Its all about the adrenaline(!) rush you get.
Ive had 138mph out of mine, but havent tried it out since the exhaust has gone on.

115mph in the dci in Europe

115mph in the Williams but since its on the track didnt have much of a chance to look before braking thats what the speedo apparently said.

Ill have to try and beat Martins target now Im sure the limiter can be hit.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

115 in my 1.6 rxe run out of puff

110 in my 172mk2 only had it a few days

I am aiming towards a good run on a good road that I know. Its downhill and about 2 miles long, so Im hoping to see 145. This will be a quality run, when the road is empty. There are no junctions, and only fields on either side.

Its not something Im especially planning to do, as I prefer to just wallow in the superb driving experience, but I will have a go some time soon, as I have driven an indicated 150 in my brothers old Civic TypeR on this road, and would like to see how the 182 compares in the right conditions.