ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top speed

142 on the speedo of my valver down the M1, probably about 137mph real speed I wouldve thought. 130mph down the Mad Mile (aka the Osset bypass) then onto the M1, only took about 45 seconds to go 1 junction.

See ya

Matt

Mini Cooper S sport

Ive not been much over 100 in either the 172 or 182 (too dangerous), but would love to give it a go on a track or runway!

150mph indicated 3 times in my old mk1 172.

130mph indicated in my Mondeo Zetec-S TDCI;)

[Edited by BIGDAVE on 14 June 2005 at 11:40pm]

DC5

Id like to know how 1.2s are capable of speeds of 115mph+ ??? Coz i know that any 1.2 ive ever battered struggles to hit a ton!

E60 diesel powah

^^ ive ragged mine since day one so it run in well, ive had about 117 on motorway hittin 5thousand revs

[Edited by dutty_112 on 15 June 2005 at 9:43am]

I think quite a few people will do this only the once - just out of curiosity more than anything else. Its not like most people drive like that all the time. That was my reason - curiosity to see what car could do - but Ill never do it again. Late at night, dry conditions, still a bit of daylight, no other cars in sight, no junctions, no bridges, nothing but fields.

Just short of 150mph on the clock - standard 172 mk2. Backed off cos I was getting scared.

My first car was a 1.1 55bhp Punto - lucky to get to an indicated 95mph! (with a tailwind and downhill!)

Been 160mph passenger in a Boxster S - nice noise!

172, Tiguan

Whatever the limiter is on the Cup

Had an indicated 130 mph on the clock in the DCi on a very long downhill! I was more impressed with that.

E91 M Sport

slightly over 155mph in France last week - I say slightly, because you dont exactly stare at the speedo when youre covering ground that quickly (on a public road that is).....oh its even more impressive when you find out that my misses was trying to strangle me for going so quick :devilish:

[this was with a broken front shock and no abs too - and its still safer than doing >70 in the UK!]

122 in a 1.2 :D (yes it was a fairly big hill)

kitcar goes off the clock (120) in 4th on the flat so need GPS to find out what 5th will do with a good hill :D

182 Cup, (2nd one)

108 in a 1.2 16 v nissan micra,

120 in my cup when I just got it, backed off thought i would be banned before id even had the chance to try it out where the real fun begins around bends on B roads

I managed about 105mph on the clock of my mums 1.2 8v at the limiter in 5th. Cant see how people are getting more than 115mph out of a 8v, theyre so slow when I drive my mums now there is no feeling of acceleration lol.

See ya

Matt

dk

911 GTS Cab

I believe ( but I am sure Pete will confirm) that I had 140 on the GPS on the spa trip and still had some to go but had top break for a bend after being slaughtered by the FRS.

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 14 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Day on 14 June 2005137 GPS Verified at Boscombe Down Airfield last summer.

limiter was very close[/QUOTE]what was your clock reading mate?

Never looked at the clock reading, I find it out even at 40mph!!