ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Speed

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

hi there i was argueing wiv my mate tonight about what the clios top speed is, he has a P reg clio n im getting my clio on the 23rd.

so what is the top speed that you guys/girls have had your cars?

ty

Doyle

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Had 115 on Friday nite and ma bro in his 172 passed at 140...Still pulling apparently. HILL if you hadnt guessed.

19 16V

1.4 RT Clio with headwork - Dunno 127ish maybe, was chasing a 2ltr 16V Saab

1.4 GTS-X R19 - 125mph on flat chasing 1.4e R19 prima

R19 16V, tad under the 140mph mark.

93 completely standard 1.2 Prima RL and got it to 109mph (could have been more... but didnt want to risk it!) down a hill... flatout it would creep to just about 100mph with the foot planted!!!

Samuel

140mph and still pulling when i was playing with benR and fatherted in their valvers, then decided wasnt the best idea and backed off

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

125mph on a straight road. could of pushed her some more but dont wanna mistreat my new love.;)

Indicated 135 on the flat on a motorway...in my Saxo VTS!!!!!

Stuff starts going backwards very quickly doesnt it!!!!!! This was about 4years ago though and it still had another 500rpm to the red line,so that would mean 145mph!!!!!!!

It is just possible my speedo was slightly out!!!!

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

well the top speed on average would be around 110-135mph yea?

if so then what would be your best time down the strip i.e. at crail,edzell etc, (providing crails timing wasnt soo fukced up)

130mph out my valver but only stopped because my bonnet popped up lol

thank god it opens the other way than most cars or Id have no windscreen left!

As for crail will let u know when I get up next month! :D

116 outta my 1.4RT on flat, still pulling with me and passenger. but was shaking like a mofo and i didnt have the balls to keep my foot down.

but yea i know 116 on the dials prob means i was only doing 110 :cry:

p.s. i rarley do over a 90 as only had my liecense a year and dont wanna have to take the freaking test again :)

I have seen 135mph so far in my 172.that was racing a golf vr6 down my private test track (that looks strangely similar to the a38 to derby!).

And yes i was infront! :devilish:

Gav.