ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion bar stuck...

As above, can get the drivers torsion bar out but not the passengers side, even wen usin loadsa wd40 n hitting 2 slacking it off...

ne other suggestions on how 2 get it out?

dunno wat its called but its a rod that u screw in with a big weight thing tht hes banging at 2 try n get it out! its not me whose doin but a proper mechanic

a slide hammer. A proper mechanic eh! lol

Is it jammed at the middle? When hes banging away is the whel beam moving? Be carefull not to rip out th ebushing at the shell mount.

Out of intrest how much is it costing and where?

slide hammer thats it, he works for GMC motorsport in Newton Stewart South west scotland, mite not mean much 2 use but its a reputable company that deals a lot with french cars in supercharging them etc etc...

It just seems 2 b seized, sprayed loadsa wd40 in the hope itl help 2 slacking it off n try again nxt weekend!

Hes doing it in my drive for a v. low price!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

When I lowered the rear of my car, I sprayed WD-40 (or equivalent) on the torsion bar every couple of days & drove the car for a couple of weeks like this. The torsion bars came out with no problems.

It might be worth doing this and getting the mechanic to do it in a couple of weeks time.

James