ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion bar!

Taking my car in to ripspeed this week to have the torsion bar lowered and front springs fitted.

The guy quoted me £45 per hour and said it would take between 1-2 hours depending on how siezed up the torsion bar was.

As I am a mechanical dumbass, I was wondering if someone could explain where I spray WD40 to loosen the bar up, therefore saving me a wedge of cash when the guy comes to adjust it as it will free up much quicker.

i have had the back wheel off but dont really knbow what I am looking for. there is a plastic cap thingy which is held on VERY firmly, but I dont want to go wild with WD40 til I know where I should be putting it.

Cheers

follow the suspension arm till it meets the torsion bar which goes straight across the car. At teh ends are plastic caps, under them you will see the torsion bar(it has splines on it) just dump a load of WD40 here.

Lionel Richie

Good, dont let Solihull Ripspeed do anything to your car, even fitting a stereo, they havent got a bloody clue!!!!