ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

torsion bar

hi guys, in a bit of a muddle, ive just read the latest fast car mag and it features a clio 1.2RN, not really my cup of tea but nevermind, it says it has been lowered 35mm PI springs at the front and the rear torsion bar adjusted at the rear to match, ive just had my clio (same make model) with 40mm springs all round? the front looks as low as mine but no way does my car look the low at the rear, can anyone tell me if ive got a rear torsion bar that i can adjust

all mk1 clios ahve a rear torsion bar, they just have dampers at the back, not springs. There should be a guide on how to adjust the torsion bar on the forum somewhere

If you have rear springs then you have the mk2 clio, the new shape one. If you wanna lower it you will need to buy lower springs.

What it might be is that on the tornsion bar there are notches, and you need to get it to the lowest notch, the handling is best if the rear is slightly higher then the back, you dont wanna go lowering the back anymore than the front.

The 1.2RN is a mk1 clio, if you have springs at the back, then you will have a mk2 clio

Basically, on a suspension set up you have a damper and a spring, the spring bounces back when you hit a bump, and the damper controsl this bounce to give you a smooth ride.

On the rear of the mk1 clio the torsion bar acts as the spring, so you ahve the torsion bar and a damper.

On the mk1 clios you have dampers and springs at the front, and a torsion bar and dampers at the rear.

On a mk2 clio you have dampers and springs all round

cheers mate u have helped alot, i guess ive got a mk2, just not the facelift model............ the thing is mine is exactly the same model as the one in fast car, and in his tech spec it says he has had the rear torsion bar adjusted can u explain that?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by jons_clio on 22 May 2004

cheers mate u have helped alot, i guess ive got a mk2, just not the facelift model............ the thing is mine is exactly the same model as the one in fast car, and in his tech spec it says he has had the rear torsion bar adjusted can u explain that?
if its a Mk2 hes talking bollox. They do not have a torsion bar. They only way to adjust the suspension is with new springs / coilovers.