ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Touch Typing

Clio 1.4 16v
Many people out there can do this, me not being one of them, does anybody have any good programs to teach me, free preferably!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i can do it, but half the time i end up half looking at the keys just out of habbit. if i concentrate on looking at the screen then i can do it as i am now hehe.

bloke i work with types with 2 fingers, and presses caps lock to do a capital letter then takes it off to continue.

its painfull watching him!

Clio 1.4 16v
Oh dear!! Does anybody know of a good one though??

I've tried this morning but my right hand is not as agile as my left

172 ph1
I tried Typing Master 2002 a few years ago, which seemed OK. Also tried Typing Tutor, which I didn't like.

Not free though, I think it let you do a few lessons free before signing up. You can obviously download a hacked version using Limewire etc.

K20 EG Hatch
lol i can pretty well.

I know what you mean about ppl using the two finger method, it is so painfully watching, i just wanna say move and i'll do it lmfao.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm the same as Lee, Just years of using the internet, e-mails, MSN..it may not be the "official" method but it's quicker than ol' 2 fingers...

Liquid Yellow 182
I am a fast typer, but never been able to actually touch type. Just tried one of those links up there^^ and tried to do it properly - it's really difficult!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I went to proper classes when I was younger to learn it lol..

It drives me nuts when I am trying to help someone with their computer and all you get is

tap....... tap tap....... tap tap tap..... tap and they make a fricken mistake and have to start all over again..

grr. damn index finger bashers lol..

This is my weapon of choice.. completely comfuses people

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/8396/

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Just comes with practice, i am very fast yet I only use about 3 fingers hehe

edit. fast at TYPING

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If you can type..

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

without looking then you can pretty much touch type.

It just kinda happened to me after years of typing. I often don't need to look at the keyboard now, it's usually just to find my bearings if I've moved my hands.

Don't know how good these courses are, but they usually involve a certain method of doing it, i.e. you keep your fingers on certain keys (there's a word for it, but I can't remember). I don't use that method as I wasn't trained to but I don't feel I would have benefited more for doing it a strict way.

Like everything in life, practice makes perfect.

KDF said:
If you can type..

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

without looking then you can pretty much touch type.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

First time, no errors! I rock! ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
172.com said:
It just kinda happened to me after years of typing. I often don't need to look at the keyboard now, it's usually just to find my bearings if I've moved my hands.

There are nippels (ooeeerrr) on the F and J key which indicate where your two index fingers should be placed.. so you dont need to look anymore ;)

KDF said:
There are nippels (ooeeerrr) on the F and J key which indicate where your two index fingers should be placed.. so you dont need to look anymore ;)
I have lines not nipples, and it doesn't work. I quick need an image of my keyboard to flash in my head again.

Fabia vRS
i can touch type, but if i change keyboards it takes me a while to get used to the new keyboard.

i can switch between my work keyboard, home keyboard, and laptop all pretty easily now.

A red missile
Years ago when i was an apprentice i got sent to a place in Leeds called sight and sound to learn to touch-type, best 2 weeks of my life. Picture the scene, theres me a (then)* handsome and well horny 18 year old and about 350 laydees who were learning to type as part of a secretarial course - the one about dying and going to heaven comes to mind.

*the 22 years following this have seen a rapid decline to a fat nearly totally bald mess <sigh> i remember being young - all i ever did was get pissed and shag me nuts off, now i hardly ever drink because the headaches last so much longer and Maggie Thatcher was Prime Minister last time i had any stirrings 'down there' :cry:

i might as well end it all now ............