ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Towing help

T

thecremeegg

Head gasket has gone on the car and it needs towing to the garage, about 2 miles away.
I've just tried steering and braking without the engine running and quite frankly I dont know how I'm going to do it! The brakes are really poor without the engine running, worryingly so. Steering I think i can handle however.

Anyone here been towed before? How did you cope?

Cheers!

330i. E30 Touring.
Just keep the rope tight and it's a doddle.

Make sure the car behind is doing all the braking. You'll be sticking your foot through the floor, but it'll be fine.

Use a diseasel to tow, if possible. Much more torque lower down.

330i. E30 Touring.
P.s, the brakes will work just as well without the engine running, you just have to push harder!

T

thecremeegg

Ok thanks for that. I have to be doing the majority of the braking in my car yes? Thats going to be fun!

When the guy in front stops you have to brake so you don't crash into him.

It's more a precaution - better safe than sorry as they say.

T

thecremeegg

Well an update: Got it there eventually, despite the towing hook coming detached twice, at the worst possible points (village centre!) -caused a huge tailback
tongue.gif

Clio brakes dont work very well when the engine isnt running, was so difficult to judge when and where, but it arrived in one piece which is the main thing!