ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOXIC FUME WARNING

R

rikcambray

HI,
IVE HAD A WARNING LIGHT COME UP ON MY DASH. TOXIC FUME WARNING LIGHT.IS THIS A MAJOR ISSUE?

APPRICIATE ANY HELP
THANKS

silver clio 182
i've just bought a 182 yesterday n that same light is on mine when i phoned up the last owner he said its been on and off with hime since he bought it brand spankers renault said they can't fiind the prob another garage said its because he has'nt drove it enuff n another 1 said it cud be to do with the exhaust. so i juz dont no. any ideas guys n gals???

Renault Clio 172
I'd say its something to do with the exhaust gases, maybe there is a sensor somewhere in the exhaust system that measures the exhaust fumes.

I shouldn't think its unsafe to drive, unless the sensor is measuring inside the cabin of the car, in which case its telling you that dangerous exhaust fumes are getting inside, so just open the window or switch on the ac ;)

182-racing-blue

The 182 has 2 lambda sensors. 1 Pre cat and 1 post cat. It then measures the difference between the 2 sensors and lets you know if the emissions are faulty.

Can be a dodgy sensor or even a knackered cat.

Any warning light on your dash is a major issue mate. I can't stand them!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Faulty oxygen sensor.

They get coked and damaged, and then fail.

Not a massive job to fix though. Use some penetrating oil on it before you unscrew it, as it'll most likely be ceased.