ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo proxes T1r

Clio 172
I am a big user of F1's, but have had some T1r's fitted recently and while not quite as good, still excellent tyres and much better than Contisports and P-Zero's (Of which I've also used).

For the price, T1r's are excellent

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Proxies are good tyres, my brother has then all round on his type r ep3 and there excellent, sure there are better tyres but bang for buck there very good.

Out of interest what tyres do you run edde and may i be rude enough to ask how much you paid per corner?

Mondeo TDCI 130
I have them, no worrys from me, used to have them on the VTS and drove it like i stole it.

M2 Competition
Better tyres out there for the money.

Yokohama paradas, almost as good in the wet, 10x better in the dry, last longer.

Out of interest what tyres do you run edde and may i be rude enough to ask how much you paid per corner?
Im on the F1's at the moment since I cannot find any Contis left as they were my prefered tyre but when out of production a while back.

195/50/15 I think £45 a corner.

Ford Puma
I've always had Toyo's...both the T1-R's and the T1-S's.

I find them great in the dry and fine it the wet. A soft compound and if used for regular track days can wear out quickly.

Cheap at £29 for a 15" tyre too :D

A4 oil burner !!!
went from contisports to Yokos then to T1R's and havent looked back since. Yes they probably aren't the best tyre in the worls but i paid £105.70 for a pair of 195/45/16's from my tyres and had them fitted for £15 so bargain.
As for them not lasting long i had them fitted back in may this year did a hot track day around Bedford in June and they didnt even give me a warning on my MOT two weeks ago !
As i drive a cup i value my life too much then to drive like a lune in the wet so for normal wet driving they are fine!

I had T1-S's on the Clio and i ve got T1-r's on the Lupo, i ve had both sets from brand new and they seem to wear quite well, probably not the best tyre in the world and I doubt they last long if you track it but they are cheap enough in 15" fittment.

I didnt like the T1-Ss on my old car one bit... all was fixed by fitting some F1s, which will be going on the 182 when it needs them.

106 GTi
R's are an improvement over the S - but would still find the extra cash for the F1's

Clio 16v turbo
mint tyres for the road mate. took em to the nurburgring and they were ok but lose grip when they get too hot but its not actually a track tyre so ud expect it. great for the £ tho.

Mk2 172
we use them as our track tyres, no complaints wet or dry

Fred! there sh**e as track tyres cos the side walls are like jelly and just fold over and the edges of the tyres last one trackday then theres nothing left of them!!! better than T1's tho!

I drove to Rome and back on T1-S's and although cheap I found they were more than up to the job!! Very soft compound however, the fronts needing changing on my return!!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
i hear the T1-Rs are a very good tyre, i'll be getting a set, but not before i get some R888's. seems like there stick to the road like jizz to a birds top lip..

Mondeo TDCI 130
Mate has f1's on his exclusive and thinks there poor, noisy and he reckons there awful in the wet!