ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo r888

Track 172, Focus RS
I have decided to go with toyo r888's for my track car. The cheapest i can see them is from camskill at around £108 per tyre for 195/50/15. Just wondering if anybody knows anywhere cheaper before i put my order in with camskill?

Cheers Oli

Quite a few of the racing series run the 888 in 195/50 15 so a few places do decent deals! Have a look at civic cup and BMW compact cup websites as from memory they both run that tyre

Clio Trophy 463
p.s. its always worth an email to camskill and see if they will knock any off for you. I emailed when I was after a seasons worth of yoko's for my old race car and they sent me a discount code for them!

Track 172, Focus RS
Cheers Dan i will do. Had a quick look at a few cup sites and think you need to be members in order to buy anything from there shops

Track 172, Focus RS
For anyone interested, i have just ordered a set of 4 for £392 delivered which i thought was a cracking price!

220 Trophy
Hi Oli, were did you order them from in the end, £392 delivered is fantastic - will order myself a set at that price. Thanks Mark

Track 172, Focus RS
I emailed camskill for their best price and they replied within 10 minutes. I have to say i wasnt expecting such a big discount. Im chuffed with that price

220 Trophy
Thanks Oli, just gave them a call and have had to send them an e-mail as the discount is only available by e-mail apparently, will let you know how I get on.

Track 172, Focus RS
No problem, glad i could help. Ill certainly be using them again if they are that cheap

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Long story, basically they will become championship use only, still road legal but will only be sold to race teams and no longer available to the public like they are now. You will probably find people on ebay selling them if they can get them but people like us at Camskill and various other online places won't sell them.

Same goes for Yokos version and anything semi slick kind of tyre.

Tyres with a full tread pattern will be ok though, like RSRs, R1Rs, AD08s and Kumhos equivalents.

172 Rally Car
Copied from piston heads...

Zumbruk
4,531 posts
125 months
[report]
[news]
Wednesday 10th October 2012
I've spoken to Alan Meaker (Technical and Motorsport Manager) at Toyo Tyres UK about this and he says;

This is not true.

The R888 meets all the new regulation[sic] relating to noise, rolling resistance and wet grip and will remain legal until at least 1st November 2014, but it is most likely they will remain legal until 1st November 2018.

If you'd like to ask him yourself, drop me a PM and I'll give you his email address and 'phone number.