ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Day.

Whe-hey! I have taken the plunge and booked myself in with Track Sense for my first track day in my car at Brands on the 10th Nov (My Bother-in-Law and mate are coming as well in their TVR and S3).

For you guys/girls who have done them before, did you do anything to your car before you went on one? (apart from checking fluids/air pressure.)

Cheers

Paul

Step 1: Upgrade brake fluid to one with a higher boiling point, upgrade brake pads to ones that can operate at higher temperatures.

Step 2: Bought smaller diameter wheels with trashable rubber (A539)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Personally I dont bother. Dont be paranoid about your brakes, theyll be ok as long as you keep your sessions to 5 or 6 laps.

Put a few extra psi in the tyres, make sure your fluids are ok, and make sure all your CDs, fag packets, Evian bottles etc etc are removed from the car, as theyll become missiles the first time you go round Druids.

Make sure your clutch cable isnt the wrong one ;). I had legs like Arnie after driving to germany and doing the mighty 12 mile neurberg ring a couple of times with a faulty clutch, ouch.

I would change the oil after the racing as you will get deposits floating around after thrashing the engine. Also dont apply the handbrake after racing or you back brakes will sieze onto the disks, drive arround for a bit to cool them down before stopping.