ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday insurance

Hey everyone, I posted on here a few weeks ago about car insurance and have managed to sort it out now, I tried Greenlight that someone suggested but they wont insure me on my Cup as it has no ABS!! Anyway, managed to get fully comp cover for just under £500 a year which is half what I paid for my insurance last year!! :D

My question is though, who the hell will insure me to use the car on track?! None of the companies I phoned would offer track use in the policy or as an extra for an additional premium, one of the guys I spoke to even admitted that he takes his car out on track without insurance as it's too hard to get!

I really want to make the most of the car on a track but dont want to do it illegally, how do the rest of you guys manage to get cover? Is it something that the trackday organiser can provide on an as and when basis?!

Thanks for any help!

Chris.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Umm. I've not heard of many people that take out insurance for tracks. It's off public roads so it's not illegal either.

However most insurance companies say your insurance will be invalid if you take the car on a track, for which they hire sneakies to goto track days to invalidate people's insurance.

This is why people cover their number plates.

I've used CCI and CIG in the past but when you thing of the excess etc its an expensive adition to a track day. I don't bother any more but then again my cars not worth much.

I would have thought that the track day organisers would have insisted on drivers having insurance, I can understand if you were to smash into someone then costs could be settled out of your own pocket, but what if you were to cause damage to the track etc.?

Greenlight said they couldn't insure me at all, track use or not, as the Cup has no ABS so it's too much of a liability!

Turbos.
I got this in my email today:

The PGAC are proud to have enjoyed a 6 year relationship with Adrian Flux Insurance, the UK's largest independent Insurance Company.

We can now offer online quotations to our members and track day cover for FREE.

www.adrianflux.co.uk/cgi-bin/quote.cgi?form=CAR&*main*_source=Peugeo

If you are going to call them PLEASE ensure you quote " Peugeot GTi Autosport Club " to insure you get your discount.

### If you want your car covere dfor track days for FREE please say so in your quoatation form as it cannot be added later ####

Regards
Team PGAC

chris_c said:
I would have thought that the track day organisers would have insisted on drivers having insurance, I can understand if you were to smash into someone then costs could be settled out of your own pocket, but what if you were to cause damage to the track etc.?
Nope you sign a liability agreement before you allowed on track if you crash into a Porche its there problem not yours. You've just got your car and th damage you cause to the circuit to deal with.
Last year at Elvinton somone managed to hit the only thing there was which was a fench post and got billed £60 for it by the farmer.