ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackdays

I have done a couple a trackdays in my cup and found it a great day, i am thinking of doing another one soon how many people are interested in them.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Donington Park on the 8th March - £75 for the day. Have a look at the Meetings forum. Donington rocks!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Apparently the track owners organise it themselves during the winter months. Its run in sessions, and well organised apparently.

Renault Laguna Coupe

I am well up for it in fact - just waiting for a weather forecast. I did Donington in November (Easytrack) with Matt - Leics and Matt4478 and we had a great day. I have a new set of Contisports in the back yard just waiting to be shredded!

Doing Bedford Autodrome again on 8th March along with a gaggle of different cars, from Astras to Scoobies to F355 Spiders! I -love- Bedford for trackdays cuz you can play with the cars handling to your hearts content!

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 19 February 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 19 February 2003

We are organising some track days at Renault and will be able to put something on the forum very soon
WooHoo Jeremy - the last one was top quality http://homepages.tesco.net/~mmikee/smiley/boots.gif

Ill second that!

Jeremy - any chance of a repeat visit to Bedford, maybe with some extended time in the Clio Cup race car and/or a V6 or two to play with (under instruction, of course!). What about a sneak preview of the new V6???

S2000

Jeremy,

Is it not technically against the terms of your warrenty to take part in any trtack day event, whats stopping Renault taking a note of number plates and refusing any warrenty work in the future, I know that goes on!

Just a bit strange that Renault would be organising a day like that, does that mean they are more lax than other manufaturers?

Not that it would stop me doing a track day mind you! Im going to get a fake plate made up, something like "ClioSport", some free advertising for you Jas!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 19 February 2003

The cup race cars are sh*t, at bedford anyway, but would LOVE to see the mk2 V6!!!!

? sometimes you stun me

I took my Cup to Brands (indy track) last Friday and it performed really well - a tad outgunned on the straights but round the corners, especially Paddock, it did well! Ill be up for another but would prefer well organised ones, often these are more expensive but they attract a good range of cars (on Friday they ranged from an F355 - Mk2 Golf) and best of all.... No idiots!

Twit

The cup race cars are sh*t, at bedford anyway, but would LOVE to see the mk2 V6!!!!

dont they understeer enough for you rob?

lol @ Ben, ill ave you!

The one i drove had a bad box and brakes, in my view anyway. Id like to put it down to the fact they dont look after them.

Yeah fairly. It was the first time I have taken the cup though. I was not planning to go again until the summer but could be persuaded! I really like the indy circuit as it suits smaller cars, handling being far more important than outright speed. That said I was talking to one of the instructors there last week who said that the american CART racers are going to race the indy circuit! Would be fantastic to see but I doubt there would be any overtaking!!!

Twit

I have been a coulple of times in my cup to oulton park as well showed some of them imprezas how to drive.Ive done more in my race prepared cossie.

Fenny,

i personally thought the sadev unit fab, snick, smooth......better than other sequentials i have used, apart from my kart, that gearbox was the closest thing to perfection........

brakes are mediocre yes, but they are proddy based.....

Ill put it down to the car then. Brakes felt like you had to put your foot through to the floor. I actually found the handling a bit to be desired as well, it was too snappy for my liking. Or am i complete pussy?

Dont answer that!

Quote: Originally posted by Twit on 19 February 2003

Yeah fairly. It was the first time I have taken the cup though. I was not planning to go again until the summer but could be persuaded! I really like the indy circuit as it suits smaller cars, handling being far more important than outright speed. That said I was talking to one of the instructors there last week who said that the american CART racers are going to race the indy circuit! Would be fantastic to see but I doubt there would be any overtaking!!!

Twit

That would be madness. I love it when the occasional ex-F1 car is at brands, the noise, the smell..would be fab. Im suprised they wouldnt use the GP circuit though?

You dont go to brands often then? If you ever seen an old DB6 aston in AMRG come over, ill be more than likey in the pits.

-Rob

Ill put it down to the car then. Brakes felt like you had to put your foot through to the floor. I actually found the handling a bit to be desired as well, it was too snappy for my liking. Or am i complete pussy?

Dont answer that!

hmmm.....

yeah, but the brakes are only lag V6 ones, and when you get used to formula style brakes, even on old formula fords, it takes a stonker of a car to imporess. And a hard pedal is good.....ideally the best pedal will be one that doent move, but you just push harder.

again, a person who races (did or does :p) and like formula cars which understeer for england, and doesnt like a nice toight pointy FWD car......hmmmm....not saying anything....

APART from your very strange....lol....

lol the understeer comment i made a while ago was more to with Formula First/Renault/Ford. All of these single seaters spin if you make the slightest of mistakes, which is why i chose understeer settings, but this is on the limit, so generally its un noticeable. Id rather back off than fish tale. Road cars are different, i prefer something more balls out!

As for the cup brakes i wouldnt mind if it was a proper race car, which is why i was probably disappointed and didnt really enjoy the experience.

I dont race anymore, as much id love to. Time and money is the main problem now im not daddys little boy anymore. I get an occasional drive at brands though, and often go on courses.

-Rob

tell me abot it!!

Where am i goin to find $180,000!!!!

Testing this summer...........hope all goes well.