ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking Help Please

Clio 172
I went to do the tracking for my clio 172 but was told that the OSF Track Rod End and Arm is seized and so they couldn't do it. I am completely clueless when it comes to fixing cars. Can someone tell me if this can be fixed and if so am I looking at a high paybill?

Thanks!

depends what they mean. if they could not undo it then it will prob be best to soak it for a few days with plus gas and take it somewhere they can apply a little heat.

There always stuck to some degree.

You might as well replace it as if you do loosen it you'll probably nd up breaking it.

Easy thing is to cover in in WD40 etc to get through the rust and get to work with some spanners. Then get more and more abusive with it then cover in WD40 leave overnight etc then try next day. If it still doesn't want tot play then blwo torch the darn thing making it expand so it becomes looser.

Job might take a few minutes might take a few hours.

Mondeo TDCI 130
depends what they mean. if they could not undo it then it will prob be best to soak it for a few days with plus gas and take it somewhere they can apply a little heat.

you are only the second person i have ever heard say plus gas, and the other bloke i nearly drove insane because me and my colleauges had never heard of it and said he had imagined it!!!:S i was wrong!