ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tracking out?

Dci 100
unfortunatley i hit a kerb when parking the other day, trying to get in the space fast before some other tosser took it, but my steering has been vibrating a fair bit at low speeds and the steering wheel moves about when going in a straight line..

is this the tracking or the wheel balancing thats out? i'd like to be sure about what it is before i go to a quick fit type place to get it fixed, becuase i dont trust them

cheers

Chocolate Bar™
could be either unfortunately. so you really need to just take a guess at tracking, and then if its not sorted its likely to be the balancing.

Breaking A 172 Replica
To go in a straight line do you have to place the steering wheel off centre? if so I would go with tracking.

You may have buckled your alloy. This would explain the vibration.

Sam

Chocolate Bar™
to buckle a standard renault wheel would mean hitting the kurb at a fair speed, which i doubt would be caused from parking as you arent travelling that fast. so it is more likely to be a loose wheel balancing weight has fallen off, or the tracking has been knocked out imo.