ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking!

Does anyone know any chain companies that can do my trackin on my valver?

I have tacken it to ATS & Tread First but they said they couldnt do it as my car was way to low and they recommended a place called Cambridge Performance tyres. I went there and they said exactly the same thing. They say that if you cant see the whole wheel (ie part of the wheel and tyre is hidden under arch) they cannot do the tracking.

I need this done as if it is out i will go though my tyres in no time!

Im sure some of you lot have had yours done and so would like some advice. It s not as though my car is seriously low as it is dropped 35mm at front and 50mm at bck on 17s

Cheers,

Kev

They are talking drivvel. Have you actually watched how tracking is done? in fact come to think of it, have they? Because all they use are these things attached to the wheels, and attached together with string. Then the wiggle the steering wheel and see if these dials are in the correct places. if they are nothing to do, if they are not they fiddle behind the wheel (while its still on) with a plate type thing and its sorted. So, as far as i know, this lowering thing is a bunch of poo.

paul

Trophy

DTWD,

It depends on the system they use and the sensors that are with it.
I had my standard height 16v tracked by Jeff Fowkes wheels when he was using sensors that clamped onto the outside edge of the wheel rim (leaving a mark) then when i went back to get it checked after fitting my new suspension they said they could not do it as they have some new sensors which clamp all the way around the wheel enabling them to accommodate larger wheels (>20") and without leaving chips on the edge of your wheel.
He also cant do mini wheels as they are too small.
I too am in desperate need of a good tracking session as i have about worn the inside edge of my A539s already.
Im in the midlands.

Mat.

Ah right, well i am dumb, and sorry for the previouse post, reading it back it did seem a little...well arsy. I could suggest a place that would probably be able to do it, but its in rotherem. And is only a small time operation, but they are way better than quickfit and things like that. (then again, what isnt)

paul

I would have thought somebody like Xtreme could help you, with their laser tracking...Big alloys on a lowered motor should be right up their street (although I appreciate they are not a chain and may not be local to you!)

where are you?

I know a place in Nottingham called Nottingham Alignment services aparently they are pretty good.

Give me a shout if you need the number or look for it on the bt website under directory enquiries