ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control

Hi Guys,

I'm new around here use to own a Corsa C just recently bought a 182 on Friday with low mileage and having an issue with it. The Traction control on the car doesn't appear to be working I don't get any lights on the dash and when I press the button (ESP) I also don't get a light on to say it's been switched off?

Any ideas guys?

Cheers
Ben

With my 182, the light appears when switched off. Does the light show when the ignition has just been switched on (as they all should...and then disappear)..Possible the bulb has blown or been removed (?) to hide a fault (common on the 182's).

Fiesta ST2
turn the car off get out and lock it. unlock and get back start it and drive for 20 mins or so to warm it up.. find a quiet road and nail it to see if its working. from memory of TCS does not work abs can also be fecked so i'd try it when you get a chance!

Laguna sport tourer
prob had LED taken out they are soldered in i believe and don't normally fail does the ABS light come on with the ignition. btw what corsa did you own before you got the 182?

The ABS light comes on with ignition traction light doesn't, ABS is working fine could feel it kicking in yesterday on some icy roads.

What should I do get it booked in somewhere to see where the issue lies?

Cheers
Ben

Find a wet/icy car park and plant it in first and see if the TCS kills the power, if it does then its working and is just a dead bulb

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Hiya Ben, like everyone else is saying the snow/ice is the best way to test this... Put your foot down in an empty area where you won't slide and hit anything, see if the wheels simply spin or if the power cuts out/traction kicks in.

As you say the light comes on with ignition then there's no need to do the bulb test we were talking about.

Hiya Ben, like everyone else is saying the snow/ice is the best way to test this... Put your foot down in an empty area where you won't slide and hit anything, see if the wheels simply spin or if the power cuts out/traction kicks in.

As you say the light comes on with ignition then there's no need to do the bulb test we were talking about.

Hi Matthew, Yes I just need to find somewhere suitable tomorrow to try it :)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Hi Matthew, Yes I just need to find somewhere suitable tomorrow to try it :)
Fair enough, give me a buzz if you wanna meet up at all. Depends if it gets any worse out there!

Though tbh you could try it on the driveway as you just want to put your foot down a little.

Having said that though, you said it spins a lot when pulling off (heavy right foot!) so that kinda suggests that it DOESN'T work. Hmm....

Fair enough, give me a buzz if you wanna meet up at all. Depends if it gets any worse out there!

Though tbh you could try it on the driveway as you just want to put your foot down a little.

Having said that though, you said it spins a lot when pulling off (heavy right foot!) so that kinda suggests that it DOESN'T work. Hmm....

Yeah could meet up somewhere just depends on the weather tbh and the corsa is soo much better to drive in this weather than the clio or the golf!