ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRAX, thank you!

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Daz said:
Marquee was a genius idea - no wind or anything, and it was solid as a rock! ;)
LOL

Daz - lets get it up, it'll be fine
Me - it's going to blow away
(very windy & marquee goes up)
Daz - it's not safe you know
Me - I told you
(still windy & marquee still up)
Daz - can you hear ripping, it's going to go
Me - yes (slightly worried!)
(at the end of the day taking the marquee down)
Daz - see i told you it would be ok!!
Me - :rolleyes:

:rasp:

Mk2 172 (Silver)
al said:
Was nice to meet you Laura, and get roped into cleaning your car!! (ok only the sunroof surround) lol

And finally spoke to Emma too, i'm guessing it was you in the tent in the deck chair! ;)
Al - my powers of deduction tell me you were the guy in the Renault top with your niece? Did she enjoy the day? :D

Lee

BMW M2C
Pootle said:
LOL

Me - I told you

While all that went on I watched from a distance. I made sure I had my back to you all so I'd not get roped in as usual. lol Then I heard the call and ended up doing it anyway.

Focus ST
Excellent day. Only soory i didn't spend more time on the stand getting to know people. But I'm sure I'll get round to it soon.

Thanks Pootle for the ticket and the prep for the stand etc.

Guy

PS I'm just sorting out the pics of Peperami's little bump....hehe!!

172 2002
well went to Trax in bf's vectra c that was on his stand
but even before we got there I really wished I had taken my clio but obviously I couldn't as it was too late for me to have it on the stand ... but there were signs... as soon as we queued up we were surrounded but loads of clios (incl 3 trophies) and were side to side with a gorgeous yellow one and it carried right after the tunnel clios everywhere I was jumping up & down in the vectra and I was slightly gutted mine was in the drive back at home so I just couldn't wait to come and see you but when I went up to the stand with bf we saw nobody around... well no that's not true someone was carefully polishing their black clio at the very front but as I didn't know any names nor faces I just carried on
then the 2nd time we were actually looking at tyres (as I managed to get myself a bargain 2 yoko tyres for £85) and wasn't sure of the size (nope I didn't come in my clio but in vectra c lol ) and I didn't see anyone around... did contemplate to "knock" on the marquee but I thought "what do I say?" "Hi my name's Gwen, Froggygwen" (in a very James Bond's tone?) but it would've been soooo nice but I'm shy me!

and I have to say all the cars looked amazing and clean etc... wow

BMW 330D
Thoroughly enjoyed myself.Club stand layout was perfect after a bit of banter from me ;) lol. Really good to meet sum familiar faces and finally meet some of the moderators!. Well done Emma, our stand was the best there!:D

Pootle said:
LOL

Me - I told you

Hahaha.. nah, I never had any doubt, apart from when it started bending, swaying, ripping noises and when it moved about 2 inches.. but yea.. it was *solid as a rock!*

I was being advised by Brian.. he sounded like he had some marquee experience and generally had a clue as to the effects of wind on such a structure. Me, I was just ready to catch it.

All in all, it *was* a genius idea.. :D

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Thanks for the PM Froggygwen - you should of waved, i would of put the window down or something to talk to you!

I was a bit scared in the tunnel... stationary traffic, dark, enclosed... and LOTs of engines revving... But i made it out alive :D

172 2002
Bubbles said:
Thanks for the PM Froggygwen - you should of waved, i would of put the window down or something to talk to you!

I was a bit scared in the tunnel... stationary traffic, dark, enclosed... and LOTs of engines revving... But i made it out alive :D

yeah I shoulda really but you would have thought "uh, what's that nutter waving at me for in that veccy??" LOL

the tunnel... ermmm too much fumes lol

al

ST on the way...
Pootle said:
Al - my powers of deduction tell me you were the guy in the Renault top with your niece? Did she enjoy the day? :D

Your powers would be correct! ;) I think this sums it up :D

becs.jpg

Caterham 1400 Supersport
Hi to the guys who came over and said hi on my trade stand, i did try to get over to see the Clios on the hill, but got about half way and turned around again as my stand was too damn busy. :S

I noticed a few people took some piccies of my 172 with the camera mounts all over it, anyone from here?

Cheers, Dave :)

Lee

BMW M2C
Fishy Dave said:
Hi to the guys who came over and said hi on my trade stand, i did try to get over to see the Clios on the hill, but got about half way and turned around again as my stand was too damn busy. :S

I noticed a few people took some piccies of my 172 with the camera mounts all over it, anyone from here?

Cheers, Dave :)

Nice to meet you too Dave.

When I left you Richie Warren was enquiring about mounts. You want to get in there mate, what with Gumball and all the other things he's involved in you could get some decent business from him.

I remember seeing the Vectra on the way in Gwen, I was one of the Trophys you saw on the way in with Bubbles.