ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traxs (a non member)

Black Clio 182

i know i shouldnt write about trax on here but i am a not a member yet so i cant write in the meeting and events bit.

i didnt think traxs was all that good, its probably because ive been to a few car shows recently and i have seen alot of the cars there. the jag corsa was a bit of a disapointed as my mate had told me that it was wicked but i didnt think it was all that nice.

no offense to the people on clio sport but i was a lil disapointed with the clios, i felt that mine could of been there and would of standed out from the rest. at the next show im gonna bring my car along, well wen ive become a memeber lol.

what did all the other non members think of traxs??

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

I thought it was a good day out. Regarding the clios on the stand, most of the members who attened, like myself, go for subtle styling ques on the outside and mainly focus on the performance side of the car.

Regarding the Jag Corsa, respect for the effort, but no way my taste

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Pauldredge on 06 September 2004

i know i at the next show im gonna bring my car along, well wen ive become a memeber lol.
Why are you suddenly gonna become a member when youve already been registered for 5months without joining??

It depends what youre comparing "the other clios" to, ie I thought there were a lot of very clean tidy and well loved cars.

I thought there were one or two modded clios at the show that were over the top or not modded very well, so its just personal opinions at the end of the day.

TT 225

Thats the thing with Trax - its not all about stick on plastic bits - its about car clubs getting together, having a good time, and if youre up for it a bit of track driving. Its for the enthusiasts, the modifiers and the drivers amongst us.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

I joined at the show - and thought the stand ooked fine admittedly no heavily modded cars - but thats not all a car show is about and not to my tase anyway, i prefer subtle mods! like what i saw on the cliosport stand!

Pete

Petrol Blue 182

i miss all these things me..so if i was to become a member,how then do i get my car on the stands at these meets?

I really wanna get involved on this type of level and get meeting people cos it can be a great laugh wen wi people wi similar interests.

And this is not glenn LOL!!

Well i personally dont put my car on cliosport anymore for that reason its not offence to anyoen on cliosport i just prefer modified car stands?

Paul if thats what you wanna be on then you should go on another stand this is more about just clios than what they look like fella

There is quite a few modifed cars on this site but they all go to other stands where there car will noticed :)

Vix

I saw some really nice clios about, personally I love them in there clean unmolested standard form, everyone has there own taste.

The K-Tec turbod clio in the merchandise area was real nice though, although I wouldnt do it to my own car I can appreciate the work thats gone into it :cool:

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

The cars we had there were all well nice(IMO anyway)how can you be disapointed pauldredge with seeing 172s,182s,cups, a v6,clio williams + just about every other clio model around.None were bad cars and I thought it was a good selection.Cummon,Join up and get yours there nxt time if you like!

Quote: Originally posted by Pauldredge on 06 September 2004

i know i shouldnt write about trax on here but i am a not a member yet so i cant write in the meeting and events bit.

i didnt think traxs was all that good, its probably because ive been to a few car shows recently and i have seen alot of the cars there. the jag corsa was a bit of a disapointed as my mate had told me that it was wicked but i didnt think it was all that nice.

no offense to the people on clio sport but i was a lil disapointed with the clios, i felt that mine could of been there and would of standed out from the rest. at the next show im gonna bring my car along, well wen ive become a memeber lol.

what did all the other non members think of traxs??
Youre kidding right?

Just out of curiousity, was that Jag Corse shambles from Scotland? I see it on the Strathycruise site all the time, its a total mess.

I thought Trax was the best show of the year as its not a show that i have to look at over modified cars, sorry your were dissapointed in the Clios but Cliosport is for every Clio modded or not.

You have things such as max power to name one to see heavy modded cars, Trax is nice a it is more about the cars and the clubs.

i enjoyed it, was nice to meet u all, all though most wouldnt know who the ferk i was lol, next year im gonna get my williams on stand and have to get track time!! just sunburnt!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I think it would be good to see a one of a kind 4x4 Off-road Clio on the Cliosport stand..

So you think your car will stand out cus it has a big wing on the back, and lower front and rear bumpers???

.....or cpuls it be those lovley plastic hub caps mate, no one has those :p

Sorry if that sound harse, but alot of people have put alot of time and effort inot their cars, and yess they might not all have massive wings on the back, or nice shiney hub caps, but alot of them look a load better than urs, and this si comming from someone who thinks cars wiht bodykits look good

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 06 September 2004

I think it would be good to see a one of a kind 4x4 Off-road Clio on the Cliosport stand..;)
Wouldnt have had any problems getting off the road down that massive dip onpt the grass would he?

Elise/VX220/R26

you need a better car before you come on here sl*gging everyone elses off really fella. cliosport imo had one of the more consistant stands ie a genrally high standard of cars especially given that we had one of the biggest stands.

hay m8 mine kicks ur ase not every1s eg the 172s and 182s v6 and the valvers but out of our shape the mk2 phase 1 mine was the best if we was to put mine and urse next to each other mine wod be on top by miles m8

the only thing the same on my car to urs is m3 mirrors and rear lights i have no wing on bk.

my spec: 1.4rt s plate 99 16in alloys, 35mm all round lowering springs de badged front and bk big bore 4 peco stanless backbox, scobby bonnet vent coulor coded side and front bumper, tinted rear windows,front blue sidelights blue led washers and blue led rope light on bottom of front bumper, front luguna front slitter. now dont go sayin urs would stand out coz it wouldnt!!!!!:D

yeah mine is obviously a big pile of w**k

*goes off to halfords to load up an artic with fibre glass, mesh, p38 & p40 ready for some "proper" modding*

Yawn, I do wish more people would do SERIOUS hard-core performance mods and not just the filter/exhaust thing <YAAAAAWWWWN>

Am I the one of the only ones that dares to be different???????

youre the only one with the cash for it ;) lend me a few k and ill come back with a roll caged stripped out turbod nitroused fire breathing monster :devilish:

Black Clio 182

i werent sl*gging you off, you all do what you want with your car, its just that i was expecting more modded cars from the body work, there was some nice ones there but most of them were just standard 172s and 182s so that didnt really apeal to me as you can see them any where.

what i said mite of come across the wrong way but i just feel that my car will look good in the cliosport section. reason i havent joined yet is cuz im a lazy f**ker lol. im gonna be joining soon though.

as for me hubbies lol ive only just got a job at a renault garage so now i can save up for my alloys n lowering springs and that. i did what i could to my car with the budget i was on. i did what i could myself on my car will get it all done properly now that i am earning money.

"More modded cars from the bodywork"

^ what do ya mean mate?

tbh I recon the 172/182 looks just right, and I really love sleepers.... remember mate, the less you show the more you go - well thats my little motto lol - each to there own of course, and fair play to the guys who do do the bodywork mods, but why oh why oh why dont people do some proper stuff - yup there are a few (including MikeT who I bow down to) but they are few and far between - shame really.

Im leaving my bodywork as standard. Might buy a couple of skirts just to finish the car off. Looks nice enough as standard to me. I only workin on lighting and sound and will be joinin you lot on the club stands sometime

leon cupra R

i really thought that i was gonna see a breath taking car when i click to see the picture of yours mate lol

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 06 September 2004

Yawn, I do wish more people would do SERIOUS hard-core performance mods and not just the filter/exhaust thing <YAAAAAWWWWN>

Am I the one of the only ones that dares to be different???????
Urm i personally think that most serious car modifiers are different thats the whole point and whether or not they come on the stands there is a lot more different than yours on this site and wheni say that i mean cosmetic as well as performance

Mine is completely one off yet hasnt yours been done before? ;)

so no your not lmao its just ppl do it differently

Vix :D

[Edited by powelly on 07 September 2004 at 8:22am]

roamer u were parked in front of me werent u? silver 172 boot stripped and back seats gone wot u think of my blue clio behinde urs (mine)

ant_clio