ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tree sap

hey you all..

i was just wondering about this today when i came to my car..

my allocated space at the flats where i live is lined with trees, now that spring/summer is just round the corner, my car seems is beggining to be covered in tree sap.... tree crap is what i call it.....and then dust seem to get stuck onto this..

i just wonder if this is bad for the paintwork at all???

I only get to go home to parents to wash at weekends.. will leaving this tree crap on the paint for a long time not damage the car??

Tree sap is a pain in the arse.

It wont damage your paint like bird sh*t will but id still get it off as often as poss.

If you wash it once a week anyway youll be ok. I park mine under a tree and it just means that the paintwork look dull with the sap on.

Hence I have to clean the b*stard all the time

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Sadly it does damage.....well it did on mine.

Not noticable in the day light but shows up when it was in the garage

real bummer as a bird sh*t on it too!!!

Clio 1.6 16V

Bird sh*t, especially sea gulls is very corrosive and eats its way though modern acrylic (water-based) laquers. Sea Gulls etc also eat lots of sea food shell stuff and is also very abrasive if you try and rub it off. Always use lots of water and let it soften for a god few minutes before wiping it off. I remember scratching my windscreen on a past car trying to wipe of their crap too soon! ...BEWARE