ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trendlines: Subframes

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Standard Clio subframe, then recaro provide a frame that fits between the subframe and the seat.
Seat
Recaro subframe
Standard subframe

Hence why they don't go low enough!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't removed them yet, wondering what other options there are first. Sounds like there are few.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
10mm lower. Iirc, this is because any lower would need crash tests redoing. The washers make a decent difference. And takes very little time to do.

M3 SMG
Im a perfectionist and they are pretty rare to come up for sale, and if they do it means trekking somewhere only to find they have rips/tears/scratches over them :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They are normally very well looked after. If buying new, there are far, far, far, far, far better seats available.

M3 SMG
Any reccomendations?

I saw the newer Recaro's are about the same price. (Ones from the 200's/197 etc)
They fit ok?

Evora, C-HR & A180
Any reccomendations?

I saw the newer Recaro's are about the same price. (Ones from the 200's/197 etc)
They fit ok?
i remember seeing them fitted in a 182 before on here (pretty sure it was a RB), looked good

Golf GTD Mk7
Any reccomendations?

They fit ok?

They aren't worth the full money no. Nice seats though. JMS bimarco ones are nice, plus you can have them nice and low too, which is a bonus

R26
Standard Clio subframe, then recaro provide a frame that fits between the subframe and the seat.
Seat
Recaro subframe
Standard subframe

Hence why they don't go low enough!

if this is the case, could you just ditch the cliio subframe then recaro 'adaptor frame' and just buy a clio specific recaro subframe?

M3 SMG
Im not keen on the Sportsters are it doesnt look lik thigh support is adjustable and they werent a factory option so doesnt look as OEM ;)