ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer accuracy??

Countryman JCW
Ive got a Ph1 172, and when looking at the fuel gauge its on the red line, but the trip computer says im good for another 50 miles? sometimes slightly more.....

Is this accurate as i have noticed when turning the car off the needle will drop alot lower than the red line?

I dont really wana run the car out of fuel to find out but just incase the day comes where i cant get fuel it would be good to know how accurate it is

Also is the MPG etc accurate?

MPG is quite accurate so long as you give it a load of miles to stabailise. Its accuracy is to about 0.5% of what it should be but thats nothing realy hen you think of other possible leaks ie evapouration etc.

When the light comes on you have or should have 1 gallon left. the trip gives up when you have less than 1.1 gallons in the tak

The gauges arn't that good hence they come on or stop working in mpg case early.

MPG is quite accurate so long as you give it a load of miles to stabailise. Its accuracy is to about 0.5% of what it should be but thats nothing realy hen you think of other possible leaks ie evapouration etc.

When the light comes on you have or should have 1 gallon left. the trip gives up when you have less than 1.1 gallons in the tak

The gauges arn't that good hence they come on or stop working in mpg case early.

Your on one tonight aint you edde catching up on lost time?

Unrelated topic how often you in bournemouth I remeber seeing a silver ph 1 172 following me down a dually the other day was it you? would have been a sat morning.

Unrelated topic how often you in bournemouth I remeber seeing a silver ph 1 172 following me down a dually the other day was it you? would have been a sat morning.

Yep just got to discussions forum to read though for a month worth of posts and 40 other posts to write replies on.

Not often in bounmouth I'd struggling to think last time I was there

I'd not got a 172 though anyway

Might be a silly question (I've a bad memory) but how do you even know what I look like? There not many pics of me on here.

LOL the top half was aimed at you the bottom half was aimed at rossi!!

Sorry I wasnt very clear matey! haha bet you were thinking what a freak!!

I wouldnt say you had a bad memory though seem to know every size and length of every bloody bolt/connection etc you got a brilliant mind lol

Countryman JCW

Im at university here full time so in bournemouth quite a bit, could well of been me as i was about on the sat, its a silver X-plate, are you a local to bournemouth? we got a meet soon want the link?

Im at university here full time so in bournemouth quite a bit, could well of been me as i was about on the sat, its a silver X-plate, are you a local to bournemouth? we got a meet soon want the link?

Cool Yeah PM or link me the details bud :)