ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel warning light not working

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
So today I was heading home from work and I ran out of fuel 😂. My fuel gauge needle isn't working properly so I usually rely on the light to know when it is nearing empty. No light came on. Any usual culprits for it not working?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Usually it's in the sender in the pump unit itself. Given the gauge isn't working then I'd say the easiest fix is another pump from a breakers.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Following this as after 2 years of ownership I've still never seen my fuel light come on, even when right down in the red. Pretty sure the bulb illuminates with the warning lights when I first flick the ignition too, so it's not that.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm convinced my 1.2 back in the day never lit the fuel light, unless it's done by range? I specifically remember the needle being completely dead but no fuel light, although I think I still had 40 miles range or so according to the computer.
My 182 on the other hand definitely does work as I had it come on a few months ago and the needle wasn't even at the bottom yet.