ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer drivin me MAD!!! help please

clio 172
My trip computer on my 52 plate 172 clio sport isn't showing how much fuel in miles is left on the display I just get 3 lines flashing like its trying to read??? Please help I'm going mad!

My trip computer on my 52 plate 172 clio sport isn't showing how much fuel in miles is left on the display I just get 3 lines flashing like its trying to read??? Please help I'm going mad!

Are you almost out of fuel? Once it gets to a certain lowish level it wont read it anymore....?

TeZ

Non RS : (
na shoudl do did it just sudenly go off? or did it go back to reset while driving

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
You may find that it is the oil warning light which will stay on when you first start the engine. Check the oil levels and top up if needed.

If it stays on constantly it may be a fault with the trip computer, but you would tend to find other issues would occur such as the fuel gauge and the temp gauge as they all run off the same loom.

clio 172
I have filled it to the brim with fuel and it still flashes, tried holding the rest buttton in and it still flashes. The warning lights on ignition start up go out after normal time.

megane 285 sport
try looking in your manual, there a thing you can do with your ignition and holding a button in, it tests all our display lights and functions. may help or may not.

Clio's
my mate has the same problem in her dynamique. there is nothing in the manual to help with this problem if anybody knows the answer then i would like to know aswell!

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
I had the exact same problem on my 1.2 dynamique before the 172 - I did what the others have mentioned - push and hold the trip computer button as you switch the ignition on and it starts the test procedure. I think then I may have pushed reset. After that mine was fine? Worth a try if you haven't already. I've heard of people having faulty fuel gauges too, try filling it full with petrol and see if that gets it?

megane 285 sport
PHP:
[quote="danjacko25, post: 2793056"]I had the exact same problem on my 1.2 dynamique before the 172 - I did what the others have mentioned - push and hold the trip computer button as you switch the ignition on and it starts the test procedure. I think then I may have pushed reset. After that mine was fine? Worth a try if you haven't already. I've heard of people having faulty fuel gauges too, try filling it full with petrol and see if that gets it?[/quote]

you mean i might be right, thats a first, it was just a stab in the dark, lol