ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer

clio sport 172
My car has been off the road for about 12 months, in which time the battery had died beyond repair. Now i've had it back on the road (huge thanks to Birchdown!) The trip computer and mpg etc resets itself everything I turn it off! The battery in it now isn't great, but is enough to start it in the morning so I can't understand why it's doing this!

Anyone?

Clio 200 FF
I've had this on previous Audis. VWs - if the battery is on the way out the car wouldn't store the time/ computer settings, etc - new battery needed i'd say

clio sport 172
Cheers guys, I thought as much. Bought a new battery now so will see how it goes nice i've fitted it.

172, 106 Gti
Can you let me know if a new battery sorts this out, having the same problem on my 172 every morning.

Clio 172 Phase 2
My car has been off the road for about 12 months, in which time the battery had died beyond repair. Now i've had it back on the road (huge thanks to Birchdown!) The trip computer and mpg etc resets itself everything I turn it off! The battery in it now isn't great, but is enough to start it in the morning so I can't understand why it's doing this!

Anyone?

I've also had this problem since owning my 172. It would be very interesting to see if it does cure the problem, as I originally though it was a dash panel insert fault, but if its just the battery thats even better.

Just out of interest, did you have anyone do a battery/midtronics test on it, to see how many amps it can produce? Mine was coming back at 378 Amps if thats anything to go by (Y)

clio 172 phs 1
Sometimes if you wait a few seconds before starting it up after you've turned the ignition on it can stop it from resetting but ultimately it's the battery voltage that is the reason for it.

306 Rallye
Defo the battery. Mine was starting fine etc but losing the trip info, new battery solved the problem!