ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 00/500

Vader182 said:
So that must mean that there are 501 British cars then, unless there is no 500/500??

You took the words right out of my Keyboard, 00 isn't really a number so it's like an extra one, like a prototype or something. 001 was a press car and used in the clio trophy marketing video.

Im sure this is the one that was used in Evo magazine, in the car of year 2005 special , the numberplate seems familar.

Mercedes SLK350
My brother called up to get some info on that car.

He told me, so I informed him it was a press car.

He called the dealer to discuss the car further, telling the salesman it was a press car and had been ragged silly, the salesman just knowingly laughed.

I would not but that particular Trophy.

big lee said:
My brother called up to get some info on that car.

He told me, so I informed him it was a press car.

He called the dealer to discuss the car further, telling the salesman it was a press car and had been ragged silly, the salesman just knowingly laughed.

I would not but that particular Trophy.

Or on the other hand, its had every possible problem sorted out, and realistically most would have been driven hard so its not so different in that respect. Thats what its built for after all.

Clio 172 mk2
ukaskew said:
I think Platinum Renault may have something to say about that, last I knew they had an unregistered Trophy in storage ready for an 06 plate, and a TR06 PHY plate ready to go on it.

The 500/500 Trophy on Pistonheads was the car won in AutoCar a while back. The owner clearly isn't interested!

Is that the Platinum in Trowbridge or Bath mate?

Golf R
ukaskew said:
The 500/500 Trophy on Pistonheads was the car won in AutoCar a while back. The owner clearly isn't interested!

The guy who won it is still deciding whether to keep the Trophy having just sold his last Impreza, but says he's put it on there to guage interest. He'll sell for the right offer i think as he wants something bigger

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Jeremy said 00/500 was the first car produced and did not (strictly speaking) form part of the 500 UK cars.