ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Front Sachs Dampers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aye, but at this point their market is only other Trophy owners. No-one else is paying that kinda money for them shocks

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
When available from Renault they where £1800 each side
I just can't understand who these are aimed at though. If someone wants better suspension there are better and cheaper options than this, and if someone wants a completely standard car these are useless because they've been modified haven't they? I'm sure they weren't adjustable from factory 🤔

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I just can't understand who these are aimed at though. If someone wants better suspension there are better and cheaper options than this, and if someone wants a completely standard car these are useless because they've been modified haven't they? I'm sure they weren't adjustable from factory 🤔

Clearly aimed at Trophy owners or people looking for spares.
They have been modified as they have been de-pinned so they are now fully adjustable dampers for 60mm Hubs on a Clio.

If you wanted them back to standard you could re-pin them again but you would need to make sure that you have the correct amount of clicks so the dampers are matched.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
I have to agree with the general consensus here, I personally think they're a silly price and that's coming from a Trophy owner.

I know us Trophy lot are probably a bit daft when it comes to the bits & bobs on the cars which are now getting a bit rare, but I'd like to think not silly enough to be spending that much on a set of dampers which would really need another look at by BG before actually fitting to a car, thus more expense on top of the purchase. The cost of new dampers from Renault 'back in the day' when you could still buy them is somewhat academic and irrelevant in today's market. As Stefan points out, you could source a set of dampers and have BG do a fresh refurb on them for a lot less than even the opening reserve price on these let alone the 'buy it now'.

Just my twopenneth and no offence intended to the seller if they're on here watching. I just feel a more realistic price would be more likely to achieve a sale.

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
Yep absolutely mental pricing - I have seen people trying to sell other ‘trophy’ parts for stupid prices

1. Clio trophy engine - needs belts and limited history £1100
2. Recaros which have had more cuts in them than a saw film £1000

If the parts were in good condition I might be more tolerable but I think some people are just on a different planet

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trophy engine? That's a new one, I wonder how long before everyone is trying to pass off a flogged to death 1*2 engine as a "Trophy engine, just needs some work"

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep absolutely mental pricing - I have seen people trying to sell other ‘trophy’ parts for stupid prices

If the parts were in good condition I might be more tolerable but I think some people are just on a different planet
Parts in general mate

The amount of bits I see for sale that are nearly the cost of a new one, ive even seen people trying to flog sabelt wheels that look like they’ve been in a builders van for more than what you can get them for new. Saw the same with bucket seats when I was looking as well.

People are on crack.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy

Yes, I've seen this phenomenon too - "The Trophy Tax".

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
To be fair the only thing with "Trophy TAX" should be

1, Sachs
2, Trophy spec turini's
3, V6 Spoiler
4, Recaro Seats
5, Heater Control Pannel

Everything else IMO is just standard Pov spec Clio / RS parts.

Yes I agree parts for Mk 2s from Renault in general are now more or less no more but it should not mean that everything should shoot up in price and have "Trophy Tax"

The above will be rare but by no means should it be more than the price of a second hand car.

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
Aren’t the recaros all the same ! Besides the numbered sticker on them

Attachments

• IMG_3483.jpeg
    IMG_3483.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 16

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trophy engine? That's a new one, I wonder how long before everyone is trying to pass off a flogged to death 1*2 engine as a "Trophy engine, just needs some work"

Yeah, it's cost me a fortune... I've had 4 or 5 of the damn things... :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure "Red Arrow Man" tried selling a "Trophy Engine" years ago for some ridiculous markup.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265
💵💵 Crazy money in my view 💵💵 - however if you need some you need some.

But like Stef says they do come up for a lot less and I know plenty of owners who already have these stashed away - looking at the rebuild costs these things are going to get more expensive or just taken off and wrapped up safely.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends if he genuinely thinks they’ll sell at that price (deluded), or is he a marketing genius?

He’s got people on multiple Trophy-related platforms giving him free advertising, which may result in a sale.

The fact is, if you’re looking to buy a Trophy the first question you’ll ask the seller is does it have the Sachs. It’s also not an uncommon question between existing Trophy owners. I’m sure there are a handful/dozen Trophys without Sachs, so there’ll be demand, and supply is sporadic at best.

So someone sees them because of this thread, drops him an offer and says will you accept £1200, which he does. Job done.

Or he’s completely mental.