ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy PC'd - Ultra Shiny!

Golf R
With the start of the summer weather appearing it was time to get the Trophy looking good again. The previous owner obviously had some kind of fascination with car washes judging by the swirlmarks in the paintwork :eek:

Having never PC'd a car myself I opted for the slightly lazyboy option and gave it to someone who knew what they were doing - Shine Detailing - www.shine-detailing.co.uk (aka Ady225 on here)

Some before pictures :

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007008.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007011.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007006.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007009.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007004.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007013.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007043.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007038.jpg

Some during :

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007020.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007016.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007053.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007055.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007060-1.jpg

And some after :approve: :

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007084.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007072.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007078.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007077.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007073.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007070.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007080.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007066.jpg

ShineDetailing31stMarch2007065.jpg

The end result is amazing.... if the sun is shining i'll get some scenic pictures done at the weekend to fully demonstrate just how good the paintwork has come up. The feel of the paintwork is much better than the finish after my last Trophy was permaguarded and Ady even managed to get the tar removed that had been supaguarded in!

Top notch stuff and a big thanks to Ady and Day for their hardwork in bringing this Trophy up to top notch levels of shinyness :approve: :approve: :approve:

Golf R
What service did he do on it mate?

Gold Service

Exterior
- Car Washed using the 2 bucket method.
- Car then clayed to remove any road grime, tar, bugs and ensure a smooth, glassy finish.
- Car is then re-washed again using the 2 bucket method
- Car is dried using high quality drying towels to leave a streak free finish
- All rubber trim and exterior vinyl is then masked up using 3m tape to ensure no white marks on trim
- Car is then polished usings a porter cable 7424 dual action polisher and 3 different compounds of product.
- The first coat is applied using a Sonus DAS orange pad, the product is called Meguiars Dual Action Cutting Polish (#83),
this is to remove swirl marks and light scratches in the paint, polish is then removed with high quality microfiber cloths.
- The second coat is then applied using a green Sonus DAS pad. The product in use for this procedure is Meguiars Speed Glaze (#80). This removes any final swirls for an excellent finish.
- The third coat is applied using a blue Sonus DAS pad. Meguiars Tech Wax is then applied and left to cure for a length of time. This seals the paint and protects it.
- After the three coats have been applied a final top coat of carnauba wax is applied to leave a glossy wet look finish. This is selected from a range of products such as Pinnacle Souveran Wax or Poorboys P21s. Both excellent products.
- After this all the vinyl and rubber is unmasked and dressed using either Poorboys Trim Restorer or Autoglyms Vinyl and Rubber Care, and chrome or metal is polished using Autoglyms metal polish.
- The wheels are cleaned by hand and then polished, the tyres are then dressed with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gloss.

Interior
- All personal possessions are bagged and placed in the luggage compartment
- All rubbish is removed from car
- Car is then fully vacuumed.
- Interior is shampooed using Autoglyms Interior Shampoo & Autofresh to remove any odours
- All interior trim and rubber seals are then cleaned and treated
- Boot is tidied, vacuumed and shampooed

^^ Thats what i had done, but at CS member pricing ;)

cock mobile.
but at CS member pricing ;)

I was gonna say...how much!

Is he local? I'll keep him in mind as I'm A. Shite at cleaning a car the 'proper' way and B. Too lazy too be that anal about it

Sweet results though, am gonna clean mine tonight now :)

Black 172
Oh your car looks great !! I need someone to clean mine, or at least give me some tips, my black clio has swirl marks in the paint and i need to get rid of them. Any ideas? i dont really want to pay like £120 for someone to clean it, i wud rather do it myself, keep me fit :)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
good grief that looks awesome!

mines been to the bodyshop for a quote now, and dads sent the insuarnce stuff off so hopefully within the next few weeks it'll all be sorted.

New bonnet and new front bumper, YESSS!

LY V6 with Recaros
Looks great! Think I'll keep them in mind for the future, fancy having mine done sometime :)

Nissan 370Z
is that a liquid yellow there aswel?
did they come to your house to do this then?
results are superb!

Nissan 370Z
ah cool. is it adys house where you take it?
i guess these guys really know what there doing.
do you have any swirls left?
also...i think £150 pounds or so is great value when your car looks better than sex!

Elise 111R
is that a liquid yellow there aswel?
did they come to your house to do this then?
results are superb!

yes it's Bubbles car.... we went down to Portsmouth to get the car PC'd and spent the day doing a few bits and pieces whilst the Trophy was being PC'd

Right, nows about as good a time to say hello to everyone than any other time so.... HI

I was in the Blue 182 you may of saw as i went up the Eastern Road I wondered if you guys were on here or not?

Your Cs's looked brillaint and brightened up my rather boring morning comute, esp the girl in the Yellow Cs who waved at me :D

I was wondering what was going on with two Cs running together?

Pic's look really good, may need to get mine done soon.

Golf R
yes it's Bubbles car.... we went down to Portsmouth to get the car PC'd and spent the day doing a few bits and pieces whilst the Trophy was being PC'd

Right, nows about as good a time to say hello to everyone than any other time so.... HI

I was in the Blue 182 you may of saw as i went up the Eastern Road I wondered if you guys were on here or not?

Your Cs's looked brillaint and brightened up my rather boring morning comute, esp the girl in the Yellow Cs who waved at me :D

hello fella... firstly apologies for my wide line on the roundabout - i lost you in my blind spot ;)

we thought you might have been going to the rolling road that was held down at JKM Performance - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177750. There was about 10 cars down there in total.

your car looked smart, we both commented on how shiney it was looking :D

Golf R
also...i think £150 pounds or so is great value when your car looks better than sex!

yes it is Ady's house where he does the work. swirls gone and paintwork looking and feeling much much better.... it looks great in the pictures but even better when you're stood next to it :approve: :approve:

Elise 111R

hello fella... firstly apologies for my wide line on the roundabout - i lost you in my blind spot ;)

we thought you might have been going to the rolling road that was held down at JKM Performance - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177750. There was about 10 cars down there in total.

your car looked smart, we both commented on how shiney it was looking :D

Ahh dont worry about it, your car looked mint, I'm forever taking the third lane to swoop around people in first heading up the Eastern Rd, its cause of those bloody concreate pillars :mad:.

I was in two minds whether i was gonna kinda follow you :eek: , as you two are the first convoy of Cs's i've seen, i guessed there was a meet on.

But then i thought "no Tom, its bloody storker'ish" and i turned off to where i work. LOL

Would of loved to come thou!

Is there any meets that happen round this way, the reason why i ask is that like all Cs owners i'm going down the obligitory route of lower on H&S, I/k and front carbon splitters, also looking to find the money to upgrade the seats but that may wait for a bit? and wanted to see others before taking the plunge!

Anyway im high jacking the thread, sorry folks

Tom

oi you, just remember how much you paid ;)

jamie

Nissan 370Z
i wasnt being nasty mate. my car has never looked so good since you have done it. look at my recent pics in clio section.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Hi Tom :approve: was i that smiled and waved at you, we thought you would be going to the rolling road day as you turned off at the junction for it... was a little surprised when we turned up and you wernt there hehe

Car was looking gorgeous!