ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy upgrades

Having read last weeks article in Autocar - on how well the Trophy handles, does anyone know if this Sachs suspension will be available as an upgrade for existing 182s ?? Also will renault sell those speedline wheels seperately ??

IIRC theres something else that needs to be changed to use the trophy suspension. The mounts or something.

Nippy white cup

isnt it something daft like £1500 a corner? And I think Dan is right there is something else that needs changing.

Chris

Ziel Nurburgring

Wouldnt a decent set of coilovers get you somewhere near the trophys handling? Obviously im not suggesting that by slapping on COs its going to be better, but isnt it a practical upgrade without resorting to a trade in?

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

No, coilovers would make the car stiffer, and give adjustable ride height but you get non of the benefits of these Sachs units. These being:

- thicker damper rods.
- increased oil / gas capacity
- hydraulic bump stops

On a super smooth track, where they are no real bumps to absorb, then youd be close, maybe even ahead, but on uk roads they wouldnt help that much.

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 11 July 2005

If youre gonna spend £1k+ go see Leda .

Wheels are about 115 a corner iirc.
Ledas fail too quickly, anyone in the know uses billies. I dont know whether they are available or not though for the clio.

I run them on the 205 rally car, great pieces of kit.

£750 ish for the fronts, I guess the clio would be similar in price.

What you going for? something with replacable inserts and 2/1/4 springs?

you may as well trade in for a trophy would be cheaper. Get one fast before they are all gone, not many left now i hear.